mast/boom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevieb

I'm a new albin 43 owner. I would like to keep a dingy on the aft trunk. I have a solid mast and no boom. I'm thinking about adding a boom so I can raise the dingy up to the trunk. Or possibly adding another system to do the same. Any thoughts out there?

Had one on a previous boat and long as the mast is stout enough, it works great. Had the added benefit of a steadying sail which helped prevent 'hunting' at anchor. Never tried it under way as it was pretty small.

I have an Albin 43 with a Mast/Boom setup and it works great raising and lowering the dinghy. I don't know what you have, but in my case its a teak mast and a teak boom. Of course the mast is hollow for wiring but the boom is solid and quite heavy for its size.

Ken

Stevie....never had a real issue with our mast and boom setup on our Krogen Manatee, but it was simply too hard to control for my wife anything over 100 lbs.. I built my own swinging davit that enables her to manage our dinghy with the motor attached and me in it. The winch is a 900 lb. hand crank but I'll likely change it out for an electric hoist this winter. It is the most important part of our MOB system as well. Cost was 990 bucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom