JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #23
TF Site Team
City: Iselton, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35
RE: Mainship Pilot 30 vs Albin 28

JC wrote:

After what has seemed like a long process, we are the new owners of a 2001 Albin 28. It is a Gatsby edition, so its a little more set up as a picnic boat than for fishing, with a back bench and a cushion for the engine box to provide seating in the cockpit. The larger open cockpit/smaller berth vs smaller cockpit/larger berth was what swung us to the Albin vs Mainship. I looked at a number of this vintage Albin, and ended up buying the one that was in by far the best exterior condition.* The only problem is that it is on the east coast, so it goes on a truck this week, bound for the SF Bay.

Thanks to all the members of this forum for putting up with my novice questions, and all the helpful input!* If anyone is interested, I will post a pic once we get her in her new home.

PS The price of local slips was mentioned earlier in this thread.* For those of you who don't know, slips in the SF/Sausalito area go for $11/ft and up...down where our boat will be berthed is slightly less than $7/ft.
Are you keeping it at West Point or the municipal marina?* we really must talk!**

We cruise all the time all over the bay.** The wind machine usually does not turn on until 1pm so if it is going to be windy, just get to your destination early.* or*depending where you are going,*if the wind is with the tide it really isn't too bad, unless it is EXTRA hot in the valley and*thus EXTRA windy.**i forget, what is your boating experience?

I too like having the boat close.* It is 10 mins from my office and I frequently stop by during the day or after work and we stay on it almost every Fri & Sat.* we stayed on it last night.* If it was on the delta or closer to the main bay the drive to work this morning would have been a bear.* It just depends what your plans are!* we were offered to keep the boats slip in Sausalito but the traffic getting up there was horrendous when we'd gone to look at it.* I'd rather spend my time on the boat or on the water....

Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote