Albin 34 Family Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bikeandboat

Vessel Name
Missing Link
Vessel Make
1986 Albin 34 Family Cruiser
After considering this purchase for over a year, we finally took the plunge. We do not know if we will like this 1986 34 Family Cruiser with its somewhat odd layout, but it is interesting. We would like any comments from anyone that has cruised one of these. Our new purchase has the 5.9 Cummins, 210 HP and a 5 KW generator. We estimate about a year or so to bring it up to traveling shape. Several problems, but all repairable, we think.

Yes, the aft cabin with a center cockpit. I think "odd" basically means different than normal. I have not changed the photograph on my profile, so the Mainship 34 is what I would consider normal in appearance.

I know a couple that has one of those and we have been aboard. Very awkward is how I would describe it. They had canvas enclosing the center cockpit and you had to climb inside.
I didn't care for the layout as it seemed to "sailboatish" if that makes any sense.
They like the boat though.

Awkward would be a good single word description of the interior. Wonder how they like the performance and handling?

A very long time ago I had a Sailboat with an aft cabin. Nowadays there is always a "walkthrough" to the aft cabin from the main cabin, but in the "olden days" this was often not the case.

As a result the cabin was seldom used for anything but storage. We would "clean it up" for company to use but preferred the forward cabin because the aft cabin was too "cave like."

I believe Jay's use of the term "sailboatish" is very appropriate, and in this context implies an oddity more often found on sailboats than power boats.

:angel:

Awkward would be a good single word description of the interior. Wonder how they like the performance and handling?

I believe they are fine with performance & handling. They also have the 210 Cummins for power.
They have had the boat for several years I'm going to say maybe 6 or 7.
I know they were sail boaters previously.

If you send me your e mail address (you can do a private message) I will forward to them and maybe you guys can exchange some e mails. I'm sure they would like to brag about their boat

Back
Top Bottom