Albin 25 for sale In Onancock VA $2,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ama

Hi All,

I mentioned a couple weeks back that I was selling my A-25 because I bought an A-27. Well the boat was put on eBay for sale but the bidder was an old man who didn’t really know what he was doing, never saw the boat and lived 1000 miles away so I let him out of the commitment. I have relisted it starting at a 33% lower price. If you know anyone interested in a nice boat Albin 25 for a winter project for only $2,000 for a starting bid - please pass it along.

The listing is here:
1970 Albin 25 Cruiser Sailor Onancock VA No Reserve | eBay

Thanks, John

Attachments

• 100_1.jpg
    100_1.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 477
  • 100_0987.jpg
    100_0987.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_1004.jpg
    100_1004.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 646
  • 100_1071.jpg
    100_1071.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_1073.jpg
    100_1073.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 276
That was nice of you to let him out of it. We bought our current boat on ebay and we got such a good price at one point we offered to let the seller out of it. He still went through with the sale and everybody lived happily ever after. Nice boat, good luck with the sale.

That's a gorgeous A-25. Sadly, I just sold mine, and I'm not in the market for another.

Someone is going to get a heck of a nice boat out of that. Does she still have the original (and IMHO, magnificent) AD-21 engine? (Chug.chug...chug.chug... chug.chug...)

J.S.

Originally a motorsailor?

The pole mounted table in the forward cabin marks 'er as very likely a hull that at some point in 'er history had the sail kit on.

Yeah, the lack of an engine does explain the price. The cockpit top, though, is worth the asking price of the boat.

IMHO the 20 hp Yanmar will be a good power plant for that boat. A friend of mine has a 22 hp Beta in his, and it's been highly satisfactory. They've put over a thousand hours on theirs and enjoyed every minute.

They're great little boats, hyper-economical. A miss mine already.

Onward!

J.S.

Yea I miss mine too. I had a 34hp Yanmar in mine .. burned .85gph at 8.5 knots.

If I lived closer, I would bid on the little bugger just for fun.

The pole mounted table in the forward cabin marks 'er as very likely a hull that at some point in 'er history had the sail kit on.

Yeah, the lack of an engine does explain the price. The cockpit top, though, is worth the asking price of the boat.

IMHO the 20 hp Yanmar will be a good power plant for that boat. A friend of mine has a 22 hp Beta in his, and it's been highly satisfactory. They've put over a thousand hours on theirs and enjoyed every minute.

They're great little boats, hyper-economical. A miss mine already.

Onward!

J.S.

Reread the specs and it indeed has a sailrig; the pole mounted table, as you mentioned, was the giveaway.

Our first Albin 25 Deluxe (1976) had a 36 HP Volvo - would easily hit 8 knots at WOT.

Our second Albin 25 MS (1972) had a 27 HP Yanmar and would cruise at 6.5 and top out at 7.

Perfect opertunity to mount a 4 stroke OB on the back and do the loop on the cheap.

Of course it needs a bow thruster and a bigger/different anchor I'm sure. :D

And perhaps twin outboards....

CaptBill,
Yes I've thought of an OB Albin before. My 60hp Suzuki would be extremely smooth, quiet and fast too. If you think 9 knots is fast. Beyond 9 knots seeing over the bow would be too limited IMO. And running the gas engine at low loads would not be a problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom