37' palm beach advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbie

Vessel Name
E.E.S.
Vessel Make
38' Northumberland
I have been watching this Albin Yacht world for a while, does anyone have any info on the "Palm beach" model, mainly I would like to know what would be her cruise speed with the semi-displacement hull design, as you will see she is fitted with twin Volvo's, do you think she's over powered?.

The price is good for an 1985 trawler I think, but there again I'm not an expert by any means and this would be my first large boat, so any comments would really be appreciated.

Trawlers and Sailboats in Florida

From the photos I haven't seen any evidence of water damage, in fact she looks to be very well cared for, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, so know it's time to ask the experts!!

Thanks

Robbie.

I've visited boats that look this good in the ad, only to find it's a total wreck in real life. On the other hand, if it really is as good as it looks the price seems good. I'd say it's worth going to look in person.

Might be someone on the forum that could give it a quick look over to save you some expense, worth asking. It is a good price. I have seen this boat on the web for some time now. Same engine I have but you won't get many people saying anything good about Volvos on here, largely due to the cost and availability of parts.

Thanks Tom/Allan,
I didn't know that Volvo's had a bad reputation, I learn something knew every day!.

Planning a trip to Nova Scotia on Monday, if this weather lets up that is, I have a 34' cruiser to check out in Dartmouth harbor, it's not as roomy as I was hoping for, also has a very narrow beam, 7'6", if it doesn't suit I will plan a trip to Rhode Island, I haven't been to the US since...O boy, 1992, turbine engine course at Textron, so It might be fun.
Robbie

Thanks Tom/Allan,
I didn't know that Volvo's had a bad reputation, I learn something knew every day!.

Planning a trip to Nova Scotia on Monday, if this weather lets up that is, I have a 34' cruiser to check out in Dartmouth harbor, it's not as roomy as I was hoping for, also has a very narrow beam, 7'6", if it doesn't suit I will plan a trip to Rhode Island, I haven't been to the US since...O boy, 1992, turbine engine course at Textron, so It might be fun.
Robbie

Ouch, a 37 with only a 7"6" beam, my 33 is 11'6", that's like a torpedo. Would go through the water easily and efficiently but not likely much room in it. Have fun looking, that's the best part.

Ouch, a 37 with only a 7"6" beam, my 33 is 11'6", that's like a torpedo. Would go through the water easily and efficiently but not likely much room in it. Have fun looking, that's the best part.

:lol::lol::lol:
Yep she even has a stainless protector on the bow to deal with ice.

I plan to cruise alone, if you don't count the dog!, so I don't need much room, there's a small galley a head and bunk.
It's the first boat I've decided to visit, I may well find her totally unsuitable.

It's the first boat I've decided to visit, I may well find her totally unsuitable.

Every boat I planned to visit was unsuitable. However going to see them (and a wrong turn leaving after the final disappointment) was how I found our current boat. Persistence and having fun with the search wins the day. :)

I bought my 37' Albin Palm Beach sun deck edition in February and love her! I now live on her and am so happy with my choice. As for speed. I have twin Cummins 210 (total of 420 hp) and cruise at about 8knts at 2100-2200 (depending on wind and current of course). I am not sure how my engines would compare to the boat that you are looking at. And yes, the one in your link looks like a good deal but pictures can be very deceiving. Do join the albin owners forum.
Good luck on your boat search!

I bought my 37' Albin Palm Beach sun deck edition in February and love her! I now live on her and am so happy with my choice. As for speed. I have twin Cummins 210 (total of 420 hp) and cruise at about 8knts at 2100-2200 (depending on wind and current of course). I am not sure how my engines would compare to the boat that you are looking at. And yes, the one in your link looks like a good deal but pictures can be very deceiving. Do join the albin owners forum.
Good luck on your boat search!

Welcome ThreeBelles!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom