2001 Albin 39

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reepermeg

Hello everyone. After years of camping life, Im ready for the live aboard boating life. Destination Key West. Been actively looking for a boat. Looked at a 2001 Albin 39, single screw. Cat diesel with low hours. Boat seems to be well kept.My honey likes the boat. I do know that the 39 had swim platform issues in my research. Can anyone comment on the boat and its quality. I have had a few small cruisers in my life (biggest 26' Searay). I will be traveling (snowbird style) NJ to Key West. Seems like a well made boat. I will be making and offer after the survey. Thanks to all who comment. Looking forward to my retirement as a full time boater !
:socool::)

Welcome aboard and good luck in your quest for your perfect boat!

L.

Sorry about the mistake. It is a "Mainship" 39. Had just looked at an Albin 40 online. Senior moment.

Morning,
look at the top of the swim platform. If there are two inspection ports above the trim tab cylinders, the platform has been repaired per the Mainship repair procedure. If there are no ports, I would assume that the repairs were not performed and the foam flotation may be saturated, this will show during the survey. I think I have a PDF of the repair procedure (somewhere!) if you need it. We are into our 9 th season with this boat and love it except in following seas as discussed at length in the forum, happy shopping. (PS also look at the anchor locker lid around the latch for moisture)

Found my boat. 1999 Mainship 350. Not only was the platform done , but the gentleman I bought it from has maintained it like I have never seen before. You can drop a hotdog in the bilge and eat it ! LOL. Complete and thorough maintenance records. Went for a 3 hour ride. Fell in love. Thanks for the response my friend. Out with the camping life. In with the boating. Have an awesome day !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom