Weaver dinghy davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
As a D.I.Y. project, I installed Weaver dinghy davits on our inflatable and am not all that thrilled and delighted as due to the height of the swim step the inner tube is not completely in the water. The way it is now, we would have to unsnap the yokes from the davit heads before entering the dinghy thus negating the advertised "ease of entry" feature. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

No, but don't they make different sizes depending on the distance from the dinghy gunwale to swimstep distance?

I just had to put the loops on the bottom part of the platform but mine may be different as it is for a heavy, hard dingy.

Can you get a piece of square tube aluminum/stainless and drop them like a drop tongue hitch ball and have them several inches below the platform? May be able to use the same holes.

Weaver makes a snap connector on a drop down piece. I also bet they would fabricate one to most any drop you would need. Give them a call. Jason is most accommodating.

I was just thinking that ancora needed to give Jason a call. You beat me to it Don.
They really are nice people to work with.

Yea, it's all about pre-planning when you install these, installing and hoping it looks like the picture is not how this works as platforms and rafts are all shapes and sizes, when setup correctly are fantastic additions.

Since the difference is so small I might be able to us anchor swivels, carbineers, or even a couple of stainless chain links to make up the difference. I'll try anything rather than pony up big bucks for new latches.

Back
Top Bottom