Using a dinghy dock during the Annapolis show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

Guru
Anybody have any insight about a concern that your dinghy may be stolen while using one of the many dinghy docks around Annapolis during the boat show?

The water taxi is a bit pricey. We're staying at the Annapolis Landing Marina.

The big dock in Ego Alley is of course not reachable.

The docks at 4th St (and maybe 3rd St, if there's one there) might be useable but I'd be crowded. Don't know first-hand, though.

Haven't ever heard of concerns about security up there, but then we're one river south and don't often dinghy around when we're up there.

You might ask the marina folks (Dusty, for example) if there happens to be a land shuttle adding any kind of service...

-Chris

Lock your dingy. They do get "borrowed". It happened to me at the show four years ago while docked on Spa Creek.

Ok, thanks guys. I just talked to Ralph one of the dock masters at ALM and I was wrong about the water taxi. $5 per each way. I had thought it was $25 per.

No worries about the dinghy now.

The water taxi price is based on distance.

Esse Quam Videri

Any dink dock works best with a long cable and a good key lock.

The number locks require light .

A cable should be 20+ ft long , so everyone can push all the dinks aside to reach the dock , and then hook up with their long cable.

Folks that treat the dock as a private dock will at least have dozens of folks climbing on/over their unit , which sometimes gets damaged with the traffic.

People , trash , gas cans , lots of stuff comes and goes in dinks.

With 20 ft cables 20 dinks can easily share an 8 ft dock.

Edson has a oar lock that locks the oars to the seat of the boat , so they or the dink do not get >borrowed<.Edson $$$ tho.

Edson Oar-Loc [523-2] - $57.00 : Edson Marine Store

www.edsonmarine.com › ... › Dinghy / Outboard Accessories
Edson Marine Store Edson Oar-Loc [523-2] - Cast in bronze, this convenient oar locking device is ideal for those who want to leave their oars safely with the ...

Back
Top Bottom