Store outboard on deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
36' Albin DC: I've got a dink on Weaver davits on my swim platform with a 4 HP outboard I lift up and carry on the aft rail. I have an opportunbity to get a 10' AB hard bottom with a Mercury 2-stroke 15 HP. The engine weighs 80 lbs that I could lift with the boom. Anyone store one these on deck and if so how/where? My other option is to replace the Weavers with davits that will list up the dink and motor.

I thought rail mounts for OBs held up to 100lbs?People rest on them all the time. :ermm:

Take a look at the Weaver Leaver. It allows you to leave the motor on the dinghy when you mount it on the Weaver Snap Davits.
Also look at Weavers MotoSto products. They may work for you. An eighty pound motor is a lot to move around.
Here is the Weaver website: Weaver Industries, Inc.: Weaver Marine Products

36' Albin DC: I've got a dink on Weaver davits on my swim platform with a 4 HP outboard I lift up and carry on the aft rail. I have an opportunbity to get a 10' AB hard bottom with a Mercury 2-stroke 15 HP. The engine weighs 80 lbs that I could lift with the boom. Anyone store one these on deck and if so how/where? My other option is to replace the Weavers with davits that will list up the dink and motor.

Rail mount should be fine if it's tall enough for the 15hp. You can always modify one to take the weight off the rail a bit and transfer it to the deck if it seems too heavy or your rails need a bit'o'work.

For a trawler the motion shouldn't be so bar a rail should easily support 80 pounds as ben2go posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom