Seadoo behind a Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yannick298

Have you already see a Seadoo tow or hang behind a trawler ?* if yes what is the setup used.***

any pictures ?

I've seen them in garages on big yachts. But I've never seen one towed and they are awfully heavy to be carried on board the typical 36-46 foot cruiser. I get the impression that they would not be all that stable as a towed boat, particularly in rougher water. Plus in this area they are illegal to operate in the islands so there is no incentive for people to have them in the US waters we boat in. And I have rarely seen one in BC but that may be because we tend to be up there in the off-season, September through May or so.

People tow jetskis down here in the south all the time. Should not be an issue. Some models require the intake be clamped shut so as to not flood the engine. Our 2007 sea doo we bought new didn't need that done and we towed it behind our 38 sedan we had a few boats ago without issue. Same as towing a dinghy.

Greetings,
About 30' back and 15' under should do...Seriously, a friend towed one with no problems on a single line. Sorry, no idea of his set-up and no pictures (he was UUUUUGLY).

yannick298 wrote:
Have you already see a Seadoo tow or hang behind a trawler ?* if yes what is the setup used.***

any pictures ?
*really depends on the trawler though it can always be towed...remember...they generally aren't supposed to be left in the water so bringing it onboard might become an issue with a smaller trawler. If the trawler is big enough it shouldn't be much different than having a decent sized RIB

Back
Top Bottom