Mark's Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baggiolini,
We had a big thread on dinks not too long ago. Search it.

Been there, done that. I just need to pull the trigger but I can't do it. Nice Fatty on Flakeslist down here but it is an 8 footer and I'm a big guy, would prefer a 9 or 10 footer

One aspect of the Trinka I like is that there are two rowing positions: in the middle for one person (or three small persons); forward for two.

C Coot is an eight-footer. It was three/four months from order to delivery (built to order). Shipping was between $600 and $700 :blush:.

Found invoice. Precisely $647.10.

I've never had a chance to use one but the Trinka is about the prettiest little boat there is. When Mark Johansen was building them in Miami, I visited his shop and was very impressed with the quality of the work.

I've never had a chance to use one but the Trinka is about the prettiest little boat there is. When Mark Johansen was building them in Miami, I visited his shop and was very impressed with the quality of the work.

Well, there ya go, Parks. FF spotted one in Ft. Lauderdale. Next time I come down from Stuart, I can throw it on the roof of the Hummer and drop it off for you, just like those deliveries you made to Capn. Chuck. Looks a little rough, though.

Larry, I appreciate the offer but I have enough project boats!
When is Bucky coming home?

Rigged a hoist system for the Trinka the other day. It makes use of a spare halyard and a block and tackle, held in place by one of the backstays. The 4-to-1 advantage should be sufficient for hoisting the less than 120 pounds of the 8-foot Trinka, plus gear (no outboard).

The gray rope spanning the upper and lower handrails is to eliminate contact of dinghy and boat while hoisting and lowering. It will be deployed only when needed.

img_142998_0_d83d8ce4f2b45cebbc52a73569104dcb.jpg

img_142998_1_cdf47509c3595c54425720305f3663dd.jpg

Got the 8-foot Trinka to the Coot and placed it on the saloon roof today. It fits like a glove.

img_151745_0_f723343463d05ca3eea0552d8879fd74.png

Just in time for the Festival weekend! I look forward to seeing it up close and personal. I'd even let you borrow my Honda outboard for a spin!! :eek: :hide:

Need a name for the Trinka?

'Lil Cootie?
Mark's Cootie?
Coot Offshoot?
Ol' Coot?
AcCootrement?

Last edited:
Nice names! We can have a christening party on Saturday

Mark every time you post I feel like I need to go get the camera and take some pictures of my kids. Your whole life must be well documented!

Just in time for the Festival weekend! I look forward to seeing it up close and personal. I'd even let you borrow my Honda outboard for a spin!! :eek: :hide:

Need a name for the Trinka?

'Lil Cootie?
Mark's Cootie?
Coot Offshoot?
Ol' Coot?
AcCootrement?

It's already named: C Coot. It's engraved on the interior side of the transom.

Showed the picture above to my neighbors 2 year old daughter and she asked what is it? I opened another picture of your boat Mark and told her it's the Coot. We looked back at the picture of your Trinka being loaded and she said "Oh, it's a Cootie!" :)

It's already named: C Coot. It's engraved on the interior side of the transom.

I'll bring a Sharpie in case you change your mind. C Coot could easily be changed to AC Cootrement. And I know a couple of drunk guys who might consider doing it for no charge this weekend!

You Delta people have a lot of fun and I'll just bet that Mark's dinghy is a real "Cooty Pie" :)facepalm: can't believe I said that..:blush:)

You Delta people have a lot of fun and I'll just bet that Mark's dinghy is a real "Cooty Pie" :)facepalm: can't believe I said that..:blush:)

You're missing out Walt. Though w all that **** you're tossing overboard you'd best stay in so cal. :)

Name suggestions are very ingenious/creative. But a small dinghy's transom can't hold many visible letters. Still, there's no reason a dinghy's name must be printed on it.

The bad guys know when you're ashore.

NOT if you have 2 dinks !

Walt, I even have an extra refrigerator if needed.
As you know, no refrigerator is required by me! :blush:
I was hurt, however, by PineappleGirl's suggestion that I throw too much S--t over board. I always thought she was a nice person!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom