Hurley H3O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

truant2

Vessel Name
Kava Kava
Vessel Make
Sealine 420 Statesman
Has anyone had experience with this system, and what are your thoughts plus or minus. Our swim platform is 24" above the water, and having a way to crank up the dinghy might be handy. Thanks.

Looks interesting.

One point: you might need to do some research about what weight your swim platform will handle. Our builder told me the design specs for ours was 500-lbs... of occasional "people" weight. IOW, not 500-lbs of constant dead weight.

I wanted a very generous margin of error, so we added additional struts from our davit system to the transom, to augment the swim platform's load-bearing capability. I don't see a way to add load-bearing capacity to that Hurley system... but it would perhaps be possible to beef up the capacity of the swim platform's itself in many cases, if necessary.

FWIW, our system currently uses a hand-crank winch... on a fixed mount... and I don't (yet) have any problems cranking our ~260-lb dinghy/outboard/fuel/battery aboard. If it comes to that, I can replace the hand-crank model with an electric winch, but that's not really my preference...

-Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom