Tanks on a 40 passagemaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reissue

Veteran Member
Can any of you knowledgeable folks know the layout of the tanks aft under the stateroom. Fiberglass cylindrical tanks that look to be 100 gals give or take. I have 4-100 gal water tanks in my rudder room aft. These under the stateroomlook as though they were water but I don't know. Does anyone have any layouts showing tankage location or any drawings of the vessel that show the various layouts available at the time they were built. A set of shop drawings would be worth their weight in gold.

1973 40' passagemaker and I don't know why I didn't put it in the original post. Thanks for that

I am not aware of a Passagemaker brand - there are certainly none on Yachtworld or a quick Google search.

You sure she isn't something else?

He may be talking about a Defevor 40' Pasagemaker. The standard tankage was 200 gallons of water and 450 fuel with a single FL120.

Yes I thought in the Defever section it was a given, sometimes I get ahead of myself. The jest is a schematic of the old girl that would help identify the unseen world under the decks. An Larry hit it on the head with the specs thank you. I want to use the old water tank area for other things and a drawing would help plan without disabling the boat. The old water tanks might be removable by simply lifting the stateroom floor. Anyway thank ya'll for getting the tread going.

Yes I thought in the Defever section it was a given....
Indeed, but a trap for the hypercritical.
Boats often acquire additional water tankage to suit owners use. Ours was effectively doubled by the addition of a tank under the fwd berth and another in the aft lazarrette. Your set up may not be "factory".

reissue: Here's a link for a 40' Passagemaker. Before Mike passed a way, he did some great improvements on his boat. Maybe the info will help.

Mast

Well Larry you hit it out of the park, Thank you sir. SUre would have liked to meet that Mike fellow, seems he was a personable guy. God bless him and his.

Yes I thought in the Defever section it was a given, sometimes I get ahead of myself.

This is not said in a critical tone.

It would be obvious if someone read the thread after going into the Defever section of the website. Maybe. :) I suspect many people like me read the discussions that pop up on the right side of the page so we would not see that the question was in the Defever section. :D

This is a different way to use the website, and oddly to me, I only use CF and TF this way. On other websites I go into specific discussion areas but I don't here for some reason. :blush:

Later,
Dan

Tanks

Ok all, back to the tanks. I have stumbled into a drawing a shipyard made while refitting another boat the same as ours which has let to tremendous extra storage and using the above mentioned person Mike's memos, will have a floor freezer that will make my little wife grin.

Thanks everyone for your knowledge. Hope to meet cha floating around one day.

Mike

Well Larry you hit it out of the park, Thank you sir. SUre would have liked to meet that Mike fellow, seems he was a personable guy. God bless him and his.

I just recently bought a 40ft DeFever DownEast PassageMaker 1979 and getting her ready for cruising the Bahamas and Gulf Coast being that our home port is Slidell right out of New Orleans so now that all this is out of the way my water tanks are in lazaret and Fuel tanks are port and starboard side of my twin 130hp Perkins if you want pics will be glad to help my 10kw Isuzu genset is in lazaret in macerator is in engine room I am in the middle of replacing one of my engines then will be finished with all mechanicals in to paint the shoving off hopefully in Feb 2019

Back
Top Bottom