Old 08-27-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Santa Fe
Vessel Name: Rincon Feliz
Vessel Model: Kadey-Krogen 48 North Sea
Shower headroom verification

Hi All, my wife and I are becoming very interested in the 49 DeFever RPH. The only one that we see on the market (in our price range that isn't a project) has the following description of the headroom in the master shower:

"The headroom in the salon and pilothouse is 6'6", 6'1" in the aftdeck and on the flybridge, 6'7" in the master stateroom, 6'11" in the guest stateroom, 5'10" in the master stateroom shower adn 6'8" in the guest stateroom head. The master stateroom berth is 6'8" long, the guest stateroom berths are 7'1" long and the pilothouse berth is 6'11" long."

This is the 1986 DeFever 49 represented by Curtis Stokes named "Escape". I cannot imagine that the headroom is only 5' 10". Assuming this is true for this particular boat is this spec typical for the '80s RPH models? Is there a practical way to improve the headroom? I am 6'1" and consider the master shower headroom a key feature that a boat must have if I plan to spend a lot of time aboard.

We looked at the 2006 52 RPH in Bremerton, WA and liked everything about the boat including the headroom in the master shower but it lacked stabilizers (another requirement). Beyond our planned budget as well but the right boat could cause the budget number to fluctuate. We are also considering the 49 CPMYs but prefer the RPH. Thanks. Jim
mijmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #2
Guru

City: La Conner Wa.
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Shower head room in my 1988 is 6'4".
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
The owners are cruising friends of ours and I have been on board a number of times. Let me know if you want to talk to him via email/voice.

John, I believe is over six foot himself, though I have never actually measured him!

There is a photo of Escape underway about half way down this post from last year.

Chesapeake! The Outside Run – With a Ton Of Fun Along The Way! | AtAnchor.com
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
Guru

Just heard back from John:

"I am 6' and have clearance in master shower. I'd guess it is 6' 1". Master bed is a queen mattress."
Old 08-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

City: Santa Fe
Vessel Name: Rincon Feliz
Vessel Model: Kadey-Krogen 48 North Sea
Hi Paul, thanks for the relay. I would like to talk to John if he is willing. We are interested in the boat. Jim
mijmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
Guru

Check your inbox Jim.