Finally, a new boat and our first outing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuttouomo

Vessel Name
Lady A
Vessel Make
Defever 44
We finally got the deal done and took possession of our new to us, boat. A Defever 44.
Very excited. Amy and I took it to Bell Harbor marina in Seattle for 3 days, attended the Taste Washington event on sat and was joined by our son from WSU for the weekend.
Then on to Everett, where she is moored. Great run, great weather and good fun. The boat performed as expected and gave us a chance to begin our learning process of this particular vessel and all her systems. As we begin to "make it ours" , I'm sure I can look forward to plenty of opinions and help from the TF crowd.

Bill:D:D

Nice boat, and there are several others with the DeFever 44 here on the forum, who will no doubt chip in over time.

Congratulations Bill!
Enjoy your new boat!

Ted

What a great boat, Bill!! Congrats to you and Amy on getting a beauty!

More pics, please!!

I was admiring a 44 this very morning. Great boat. Congrats on you new baby!

Well, I just happen to have a few more pics. Since you asked.....

Attachments

• eng rm.jpg
    eng rm.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 243
  • props.jpg
    props.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 233
  • galley (2).jpg
    galley (2).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 226
  • fly bridge.jpg
    fly bridge.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 229
Many newer DeFevers do not have an electric oven and rely instead upon a convection microwave. That is how ours is set up. We just bought a new one at Home Depot for less than $300 - Sharp Carousel. In our case the unit has a low enough power draw so inverter runs it, a plus especially when cruising and not running the genset.

Thanks for the kind words you all.
Sunchaser, it's a 1982 with an LP range and oven. We've used the oven and stovetop already, but not so much the microwave. Our mw usage tends to be minimal, don't even know if it will stay for the long haul.

Bill

Very nice! Congrats on your new boat and successful first cruise.:thumb:

We finally got the deal done and took possession of our new to us, boat. A Defever 44.

Very excited. Amy and I took it to Bell Harbor marina in Seattle for 3 days, attended the Taste Washington event on sat and was joined by our son from WSU for the weekend.

Then on to Everett, where she is moored. Great run, great weather and good fun. The boat performed as expected and gave us a chance to begin our learning process of this particular vessel and all her systems. As we begin to "make it ours" , I'm sure I can look forward to plenty of opinions and help from the TF crowd.

Bill:D:D

Bill, congrats on the new boat! Bell Harbor is fantastic! Lowells has a great breakfast at the market:). We also keep our boat in Everett and will be bringing it down from winter dry storage next weekend!

Cheers!

Jeff

6- Pack,
Do you store your boat in Dagmar's ? What part of the Everett Marina will you be, we are in the south marina. Maybe a shout out after you're settled in.
Found a great breakfast place across the street from Pike's Mkt. in Seattle. A Mexican street taco place, just a hole in the wall ,but the food was really good.

Bill & Amy

Bill, we keep the boat on the hard in Anacortes over the winter. We have had the boat on "I" dock before. This year we are going to try "A" dock south because of the view. Current will be annoying but view will rock. I am looking forward to 5/2 and opening day! Where will you all be? Absolutely say hi sometime:)

Jeff & Michelle

Jeff You jest. We are in A dock , south marina. and yes, the view rocks. haven't had much hassle with the current. Don't know if we will be in town on 5/2, but being new to the PNW, opening day is on our " to do " list. Will look for you this weekend.
Bill

So funny!

Excellent choice, Bill. Congrats!! Just in case you aren't already aware, Defever Cruisers is another excellent resource. It's a group of current, former and future owners who are very helpful to new buyers. We've only had our 44 a year and they've been a great source of advice and experience.

Enjoy!

Hey Mr. 99 , nice boat you got there! I've been lurking around the Defever Cruisers site, and guess I should jump in, got lots of projects planned and am seeking info. Thanks for the shove.
Bill

Happy to help, Bill. The magazine they put out monthly is loaded with cruising and how-to articles. I also strongly recommend the Defever rendezvous. The next one will be in the fall of 2016 in the Solomon's, if I recall correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom