Assistance with New Defever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4061

Guru
Hello Defever owners, I'm assisting a friend with his search for a trawler and his interest with the Defever 46. My only experience with this boat was sea trial nine years ago on a new build. I recall slightly higher than desired noise levels in the salon and some fit and finish issues but overall the boat appeared sound and good value. Again that was a long time ago.

Can anyone advise what has changed with build process since 2005? Is the yard in China that builds Defevers today the same as in 2005? When did that yard start-up? Does the yard deliver these boats with active stabilizers, if so which brand?

I have always liked the timeless lines on these boats and see a strong following with Defever's. I think the 46 could be a good coastal cruiser. Appreciate any help. thank you

JT

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the 46, but it's mentioned (without a lot of detail) on the Defever Cruisers website. DeFever Designs: DeFever Cruisers - A Club for Yachting Enthusiasts with a Passion for DeFever Vessels and the Cruising Life!

Before we bought, we joined this owners' group and lurked on their forum. Several very experienced owners post regularly that your friend could consult. If your friend is anywhere near North Palm Beach, they're having the annual Defever rendezvous there March 20-23 and you don't have to own to attend.

Finally, I'd give Curtis Stokes a call. He's a very knowledgeable broker who specializes in Defevers . . . and zero pressure.

Pocta in China is the builder and you can read about them at this website:

About Company's profiles - POCTA Yacht

Back in 2004 I bought a new Defever 45 PH which was the fore runner of the 46. Looking at the 46 at boat shows, I found the fit and finish much improved over my boat.

I believe a used 46 is for sale in Bellingham.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom