1986 53' DF POC - Known Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMA

Hi all,

The wife and I are taking a look at the '86 53' DF POC that Tucker has listed in Ft. Lauderdale this weekend.

Though a departure from what we were originally looking for, this boat speaks to us... in pictures, anyway :socool: Having once owned a 64' Vantare, we're no stranger to larger boats, and this one looks to be similarly equipped. We're getting up there in age, and the ability to move about the ER without having to be a contortionist is a big deal to me.

My question is: Are there any known issues with this year/model/size DF (outside of the obvious when inspecting any older boat) that we should specifically look for while aboard?

Any comments and/or advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Chuck

Greetings,
Mr. KMA. Can't comment on the vessel but Mr. Tucker is a straight shooter and an honest guy IMO.

Greetings,
Mr. KMA. Can't comment on the vessel but Mr. Tucker is a straight shooter and an honest guy IMO.

He is. I have absolute confidence in Tucker! We spent all day last Sunday "yacht fondling" with him. That said, nobody is an expert on everything, and it's easy to overlook something.

It's still a caveat emptor world out there, and though I am sure he will tell us everything he knows, there are bound to be DF people out there who may know something he does not. This is the information I'm after.

KMA-

I find myself in the same situation as you were 2.5 years ago.... I'm about to get a survey on a 53 POC and would love to know how your story ended. Any tips for the next guy? What did you end up buying?

Back
Top Bottom