Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #81
Guru

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Try this before more drastic measures.

Yara - Odorlos - Holding Tank Treatment for Boats and RVs
Thanks for the tip. We did add a solution that worked great on our boats but this problem is a true venting problem. We should know soon if we fixed the problem then we can try Yara.

N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #82
Guru

City: Gloucester, MA
I think those vent filters only make matters worse. If there is anything other than complete free air flow through them, it creates back-pressure in the tank which finds it's way out other places.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #83
Guru

Inerior and other items

We came down to SD on Monday to meet the interior guys and assist them with installing the new carpeting and leather seating. Looks great! We went with light colors (creams and tans) to brighten up the boat. Window shades are a mix of Roman Shades and Cell Blinds (smaller windows). We also had all the windows tinted dark (except forward looking) which adds a sleek look to the boat. Still a few more small things to do but we are getting there. Took the boat out yesterday and today around the bay. Trying to get the stuffing box to drip correctly. I'll attempt to add a few pictures.

Happy Holidays

N3522
La Tempestad
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #84
Guru

Window Tinting

Attached is a photo of our salon window after we had them tinted. We like the privacy it provides during day time plus it helps keep the sun from fading the wood and blinds. From the outside we believe it makes the boat look a little sleeker. An inexpensive touch that adds many benefits.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #85

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: Inspiration
Vessel Model: 420DB
Great idea with the tints. I was thinking on adding the tints on my bridge, but I didn't know who to call for such application. I'm not sure calling the same folks that do cars is the best approach. How did you find the installers that did it for you?
Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #86
Guru

Window Tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex F View Post
Great idea with the tints. I was thinking on adding the tints on my bridge, but I didn't know who to call for such application. I'm not sure calling the same folks that do cars is the best approach. How did you find the installers that did it for you?
We did some research and received quotes from a few companies that did cars, homes, businesses and boats. Few do all boats. What we found was similar materials (commercial grade versus what you find on cars). On our N40 we used the same material used on cars and had no issues for three years then we sold the boat. On N3522 we used a different company that did small boats along with cars and he did a good job. Since boats are hand cut and the worker had to work against window sealant that was not perfectly straight he did leave a few spaces and offered to come back and redo the job. I'm first exploring how to clean up the sealant with a straight bead overlapping his work by 1/16". I suggest you go online and look up window tinting for boats and talk with the companies. I would think you will be ok.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #87
Guru

N3 - A few new pictures

Here are few more pictures N3522 after we completed the interior and tinted the windows.

John T.
La Tempestad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N35 Window Shade 1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	26871   Click image for larger version

Name:	N3522 Front Side View.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	26873  
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #88

City: St Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4061 View Post
Here are few more pictures N3522 after we completed the interior and tinted the windows. John T. La Tempestad
Looks great!! Congrats again on your new boat!

I know when I am trolling YW, I often think "The first thing I'd do is recover all the upholstery! Yours is an example of how effective that minor of a change can be!
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #89
Guru

City: South FL
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Looks great!!!

Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote