I'm pleased to share with other trawler owners that our decision to "test the waters" and see if spending time aboard would improve both our physical and emotional conditions as we bounce back from Mary's health issues appear to have paid off. After only a few months of enjoying N3 we believe we are ready to explore the next chapter in our Nordhavn journey. We decided to list N3522 for sale recognizing it will likely take 6-9 months to find her a good home which will provide us plenty of time to find our next trawler. While our track record has been with Nordhavn, we will explore other builders as part of our search.
Unlike past decisions to change boats this one comes with the added reservation that a lot also rides on possible changes at work which may result in leaving boating all together until retirement or even possibly keeping N3522. As with life, sometimes the best plans can change. In the mean time we look forward to spending as much time aboard La Tempestad as possible.
Last week I gave up on the stuffing box and had it repacked to address the inconsistent temperature readings. Tomorrow we plan to take her out and put some hours on the engine and start to dial in the tightness.
Will keep everyone posted on our journey.