N3522 Sunset Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4061

Guru
After being away from the boat for about a week Mary and I returned Monday and enjoyed a few days of living aboard. Yesterday after work we took the boat out for a ride on the bay and enjoyed the sunset as we pulled back into the dock. Last night we had a cold front passing over us bringing a little rain and wind. Something about sleeping aboard with the gentle rocking motion and the sound of rain hitting the deck above. Best sleep ever until Daisy woke me at 0400hrs to let me know she had to "go". She had a sick stomach all day and we were watching her closely as she is now 14 years old (she is our little dog). As luck would have it a passing shower decided to stop right on top of us as she did her business - living aboard, you gotta love it. After returning to the boat and drying off I decided 0530hrs was too early to get up for work and changed the alarm to 0700hrs and slept in. Sure beats getting up at 0415hrs and driving 100 miles to work. Again living aboard has it advantages.
Today I left work at 1515hrs and by 1600hrs we went for a long walk in the fresh breeze as the cold front passes over us. A couple margaritas followed by a great dinner and talking about our next boat and future plans - life is good today. I took the attached photo showing what is unusual weather for San Diego.

John T.
N3522
La Tempestad

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 540
John - I know you are already looking for your next boat, but your 3522 is beautiful - especially after the changes you've made to her. Have you captured any fuel flow data? MPG & GPH at various speeds/RPMs?

Fuel Data

John - I know you are already looking for your next boat, but your 3522 is beautiful - especially after the changes you've made to her. Have you captured any fuel flow data? MPG & GPH at various speeds/RPMs?

Animal, so far we have not collected actual fuel flow data and relying on the builders data for the most part. She doesn't use much fuel when cruising at 1600 RPM (6.5 - 7 knots). While "experts" will tell me the 370hp Yanmare sweat spot is 2400 RPM the boat is most efficient at 7 knots and the lower RPM. Even Dan of PAE says they should have put a little 120hp Lugger in the boat but they were chasing the "semi-displacement hull speed" market.

The more time we spend aboard the more we appreciate this little Nordhavn. Between her robustness and quality its hard to part with her when we consider what we paid for her and what it will cost to replace her with a new boat. We are seriously considering keeping her and no worrying about the 1,000 mile cruises until I retire and really have the time.

John T.
N3522
La Tempestad

Even Dan of PAE says they should have put a little 120hp Lugger in the boat...

Harumph, harumph, harumph!!

Glad you are enjoying her! She sure looks like a beautiful boat that can do many things well!

Back
Top Bottom