Old 09-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #21

City: BELLINGHAM
Vessel Name: Navigator
Vessel Model: Mariner/Helmsman 38
Id like to get onboard hull number 8 or above and actually experience the performance. As a serious buyer Im sure a sea trial will determine the fate of purchasing a N35 for us.

That one in Seattle has an offer with a possible closing end of the month and the one in Florida might be to far to go after calculating shipping. Either way they are both early in the design process of the N35.

From what I read a buyer should be looking at #8 and above IMHO... Would love to hear what you all think about that.

Nocanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #22
Guru

City: Boston Area
Perhaps you could work something out with the Seattle owner for a test drive before the closing. It could be seen as a back up if the current agreement falls through...or a simple boat rental for 2 or 3 hours for an agreed upon fee. At least you'd get to experience one for real. When you think about what you'll spend for one....a few hundred bucks to gain knowledge might be a good investment.

With a high demand and short supply, you'll want to be able to jump as soon as the next one comes on the market.

Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:27 AM   #23
Guru

City: Port Angeles, WA
Vessel Name: Irene
Consider enlisting the services of Frank Durksen, AAA Yachtfinders, or Jeff Merrill, JMYS, in locating a boat for you. I think there are quite a few transactions done before the boat is actually listed.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:58 AM   #24
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Yup, as Irene says. Get your money ready and tell either of those two brokers what vessel(s) you are considering. Many vessels move before a listing occurs.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Yup, as Irene says. Get your money ready and tell either of those two brokers what vessel(s) you are considering. Many vessels move before a listing occurs.
Thanks ! We'er hoping being that We are a cash buyer the only real problem we have is ~ finding the right boat and I stress the right boat... Heck we haven't even sea trialed one yet. Going to need to get out on the N35.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttskie View Post
For what it's worth, the N35 was on my list as well. I am a fan of Nordhavn. They, rightly, have a great reputation for build quality. Having said that, PNW cruising suitability can be found in many boats. I decided that the engine and hull configuration of the N35 weren't for me. On a whim, I looked at a Krogen 39. Slightly more money that the N35, but a completely different experience. I suggest you look at one just for a comparison. Even if you are set on the Nordhavn, you won't regret seeing a similar boat in the category.
After further looking we chose the Helmsman 38 the search is over. Thank you all for pitching in here.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:42 AM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocanvas View Post
After further looking we chose the Helmsman 38 the search is over. Thank you all for pitching in here.
Seemingly a great choice. I have not run one, but looked at more than one and we were impressed. It certainly offers a few very nice attributes not found on the N35. If we were not planning on heading offshore, it would have been on our short list. Did you find "the" H38 yet? Order new?

Best Wishes
Old 10-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #28
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2000 Camano 31'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocanvas View Post
Nice! Congrats. New or used? Pics?

Slow Lane
Camano for sale
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENE View Post
Seemingly a great choice. I have not run one, but looked at more than one and we were impressed. It certainly offers a few very nice attributes not found on the N35. If we were not planning on heading offshore, it would have been on our short list. Did you find "the" H38 yet? Order new?

Best Wishes

The new to us boat is used. After the ink dries we will share photos. Out of respect to the current owner and broker it's not ours till the ink dries.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #30
Guru

Great call. Will look forward to hearing more. May you have a smooth and enjoyable transaction...

Tags
nordhavn, nordhavn 35