Building a Nordhavn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wow!

Just a quick note to say that commissioning is done and we took delivery of the boat a week ago. It's great to be aboard, and to not have 10,000 other people crawling all over it all day, every day. And it's great to finally be able to relax a bit after 3 months of non-stop work without a single day off.

We left Dana Point this past Monday and made a 48hr run to San Francisco where we put in to wait out some seriously building seas. Our approach was in the dark which was interesting slotting in between various incoming and outgoing ships, the we had first light as we approached the bridge. For a first trip on the West Coast, I have to say, "Pretty Cool".

Now we are stuck in Sausalito until at least Wednesday, it looks. But I can think of MUCH worse places to be stuck.

More details at www.MVTanglewood.com

I know you're happy to finally have your boat and be on it without a team of workers. It seems like forever to get one built but then I'm sure the commissioning time was the worst, being so close and yet not able to just jump on and take off on it. I wish you the best of luck with it and the most of pleasure.

I can't even begin to imagine how good it must feel to finally have and own, what I consider to be the best of its kind out there overall, brand new, built to your specs, and then heading out on her…wow...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom