pleasure tug from Poland, very nice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG .....
New favorite boat.
Never seen such a perfect boat. I'm going to be watching this vid again tonight. Looks like it could be perfect perfect perfect everything!

It kind of reminds me of Boatpokers boat, on steroids.

OMG .....
New favorite boat.
Never seen such a perfect boat. I'm going to be watching this vid again tonight. Looks like it could be perfect perfect perfect everything!

Perfect? With that little joke navy anchor poking out the bow? Come on.....:D

Very stunning craft!! I think there are other videos with this craft, or similar, Black hull as I recall. What I would like to add to this new thread and hopefully not a hi-jack of the intent, is to mention that I often think of the possibility of having a fiberglass marine shop construct a fan tail segment which would marry to my existing boat. Say a extension no greater than 5 feet over all.
Here is a broker site below that had a sister boat to ours. Scroll down and you will view photos of the bottom and stern.
The idea would be to allow the existing position of rudder and shaft to remain. Shift the exhaust to a out the side rather than through the new section. There would be no additional weight incorporated other than the construction, no additional tankage, total void space.
Would welcome any conversation, suggestions, "Nuts to do it" or not.
Why do it? Well, we enjoy our boat and really are not or would not, want to challenge ourselves with selling this one, and then do all the changes normal boat selling and buying entails.Have been on fan tail or similar intended sterns in following seas where the yawl is just about eliminated. The total ride just seems to be serine in nature compared to yawing back and forth. The WL length would not really be that great of addition due to the sweep of the upward shear of the bottom. so no great gain in SOG anticipated.
Rather spend the money a larger boat price would demand on such a project and let the Son In Law inherit the boat complete when that time comes.

1978 Marben Flybridge Trawler Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser Title

Fire away folks.
Al-Ketchikan 27' Marben Pocket Marine Fly Bridge Sedan

Very nice boat but it looks it might be a wet boat perhaps.

Neat boat for sure. Just under 50' and about $850K. Sounds good to me! I will pass the hat.

78puget trawler Old work boats can build great ships ...big project

This old lady built in California, have cruisin over Atlantic, participated in the second World War D-day and still in beautiful condition.

The incredible fuel consumption 6.5 gal/hours cruising speed, think of the size of the vessel and the draught permitted by the subdivision, is not bad. The machine is Wärtsilä diesel marine engine 1000hp strangled 500hp be cose not working Tug.

She looks like a giant Nordig Tug...

1944 Steel Passenger vessel Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

"Luxury Tug," although an oxymoron, must mean one can afford a professional varnishing crew...

What kind of tug is this? Where are the tires?

Volvo engine. ��

Very pretty but too much wood. This is coming from a Grand Banks owner. ;-)

Fan tail sterns are pretty but impractical for swimming, fishing, dinghy-ing, pooping the dog, etc.

Very pretty boat with very yachty fittings but a total bear for upkeep, it would be one of those boats you wouldn't let your grandkids on and you'd have to provide boat shoes for everyone else. Dress for dinner?

Oh, nearly forgot, another thumbs down for Volvo engines.

What kind of tug is this? Where are the tires?
About the only thing on this boat that MIGHT be original is perhaps the lower deck house or portion of, and the hull of course, though it may have been modded as well. The PH and that forward trunk and the after portion of the deckhouse are all add ons. Rather homely to my eye, but I am a tug nut and have worked on a few mil surplus tugs.

Last edited:
Thanks for think'in of me 78 but that scow dosn't interest me.

PS now I see it's the one that has been down by the so ramp of the so basin. I think it has a NT house on it. That part is good.
That was a joke son I say a joke!:dance: BTW, what is an NT house?:confused:

Nice boat but... too much wood and chrome exposed for me... high maintenance... and old raymarine screens... jajaja... not my cup of tea...

Very stunning craft!! I think there are other videos with this craft, or similar, Black hull as I recall. What I would like to add to this new thread and hopefully not a hi-jack of the intent, is to mention that I often think of the possibility of having a fiberglass marine shop construct a fan tail segment which would marry to my existing boat. Say a extension no greater than 5 feet over all.
Here is a broker site below that had a sister boat to ours. Scroll down and you will view photos of the bottom and stern.
The idea would be to allow the existing position of rudder and shaft to remain. Shift the exhaust to a out the side rather than through the new section. There would be no additional weight incorporated other than the construction, no additional tankage, total void space.
Would welcome any conversation, suggestions, "Nuts to do it" or not.
Why do it? Well, we enjoy our boat and really are not or would not, want to challenge ourselves with selling this one, and then do all the changes normal boat selling and buying entails.Have been on fan tail or similar intended sterns in following seas where the yawl is just about eliminated. The total ride just seems to be serine in nature compared to yawing back and forth. The WL length would not really be that great of addition due to the sweep of the upward shear of the bottom. so no great gain in SOG anticipated.
Rather spend the money a larger boat price would demand on such a project and let the Son In Law inherit the boat complete when that time comes.

1978 Marben Flybridge Trawler Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser Title

Fire away folks.
Al-Ketchikan 27' Marben Pocket Marine Fly Bridge Sedan

Al,
Unless the extension radically changes the underwater configuration of your boat, it won't change the handling. What's underwater is far more important to handling than what's above water. Your boat is too fat for her length to have good directional stability. Increase the depth of your keel by around a foot aft and increase rudder size to suit, then add about 10' in the middle....and she'll go in a straight line all day long.

Just adding to the stern will add buoyancy, moving the centre of buoyancy aft, trimming the bow down. That will make your steering issues worse. Sorry.

Very, very nice. But all that brightwork to maintain. Been there. Never again til I win the lottery and can afford not only to buy the boat but also have someone else maintain it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom