Amateur Backyard Boat Yard - How we roll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scout is in the water!

Attachments

• SDC10719.jpg
    SDC10719.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 183
  • SDC10721.jpg
    SDC10721.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 202
  • SDC10741.jpg
    SDC10741.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 200
  • SDC10745.jpg
    SDC10745.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 192
Wow, just one thing, with that beautiful rub rail I'd be afraid to get near a dock with it. Absolutely incredible job.

And it looks like she floats and on her lines! Always an auspicious sign at a first launch.

What a great day. Congratulations!:thumb:

Time to change your avatar. ;-)

That IS Beautuiful! :thumb: You're in :smitten:

Congrats, Chip. She looks great on the water and you look relaxed! Very, very nice to see.

I bet its a great feeling to get her in the water!

Nice Job!

Nicely done, sir! When can you start on my boat?

Congrats, We were only on the hard for 3 weeks--I can imagine how great you feel!!!!

JohnP

From one Sundowner owner to another; congratulations!! She looks almost as nice as ours....:lol:

RickH

:iagree:Ya gotta be proud my man.. very nice Chip. Cheers to you. :thumb:

Elwin

Beautiful shearline!!

Time to end the thread and move on....
Thanks to all who have followed our progress and/or lack of plus all the kind words and encouragement.
So far all is working great.
The only 'major' problem was the AC condensation drain wouldn't drain to the shower sump. I had to raise the AC unit up 3/4" to get it to drain. With temperatures over 100 this week I also added insulation to the duct work to eliminate some condensation there.
Took a 3 hour boat tour yesterday. Engines and systems worked as planned.
Rudder position on the Simrad AP is a big plus!

Time to end the thread and move on....
Thanks to all who have followed our progress and/or lack of plus all the kind words and encouragement.
So far all is working great.
The only 'major' problem was the AC condensation drain wouldn't drain to the shower sump. I had to raise the AC unit up 3/4" to get it to drain. With temperatures over 100 this week I also added insulation to the duct work to eliminate some condensation there.
Took a 3 hour boat tour yesterday. Engines and systems worked as planned.
Rudder position on the Simrad AP is a big plus!

Fair winds and following seas.:speed boat:

You being an experienced tractor operator and all, the question begs to be asked.........Was this subsidized by the Government?

Beautiful boat! Is it a home made, or a restoration? If a resto what make/model. Either way nicely done she’s got beautiful lines. As a marine mechanic I can say you take some pride in your boat! An engine room says a lot about a boater.

Back
Top Bottom