Where are the Krogen owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gull

HI everyone
I'm hoping to soon become a Krogenite, but I am having a hard time finding a good source of Krogen information online. I know there must be stuff out there, but it seems there is very little activity on any of the places I've found. I'm not ready to plunk down $30 for Krogen Cruisers, I'm not looking for a social club, but more of a users group or similar forum where the are active owners exchanging ideas etc. I've managed to find such a group for every other boat I've owned, but the Krogenites seem to be elusive.
I'd greatly appreciate any pointer to an active board/group/forum where I could ask questions and read about other Krogen owners experiences.
Thank you in advance.

why dont you contact kadey krogen direct.maybe they can help.if you find out anything,please post it as i will be interested in a kk in a couple of years myself.

Carey - yes, that's the $30 site I mentioned in my post. I think it's more of a cruising club than online forum for owners and those interested in becoming KK owners.

Gull wrote:

Carey - yes, that's the $30 site I mentioned in my post. I think it's more of a cruising club than online forum for owners and those interested in becoming KK owners.
Spend the $30. I suspect it will be worth it. Even if the site leads you not to get a KK, it's a pretty cheap boat investment.

Gull: *Your pretty accurate in your description of Krogen owners. *Even to the observations of a relative introvert (me), they are a quiet group. *In the past, I have published a few newsletters, and even one collector magazine. *I have considered doing something like that to stur up some dynamics in the group,...perhaps with another web site. *There is good info on the site, but it's slow in coming. *Could it be that Krogen owners are spending the bulk of their time cruising and enjoying their boats instead of talking on forums? *I'm really proud of being a Krogen owner, but the truth is, if I had the time and opportunity to cruise, you'd probably be hearing a lot less from me too.

Gull: I agree with what Carey says, spend the $30.00. It gives you acess to the archives which go back over 5 years and they talk about any issues that are Krogen related. If you have any questions, post it on the forum and I'm sure you will get a response. Keep in mind that there were not that many Krogens built when you compare them to Grand Banks or CHB's. I think there were around 100 Manatees and 206 - 42's. In any case welcome to this forum.

Larry/Lena
Hobo KK42
Zihuatanejo, MX

Yep, if it is Krogen specific, post it here. Amazingly, most boat issues are general in nature and can be answered elsewhere on this forum and with a bigger audience.

We also recommend joining the KC forum, the expense gains you a vast library of knowledge & if wanted, a group of like minded enthusiast to ask questions of.

We were in your position a yr ago & thru a number of informative sites feel confident we made good decisions throughout the process of aquiring a KK 36.

-- Edited by BON DIA on Monday 24th of January 2011 07:55:10 PM

So, just figured out I have 2 names on this forum. From now on I have one. Dont ask how I managed but exfedex is no more. just me...xfedex.

No problem, John. *An Ex-Fedex by any other name is an Ex-Fedex.

Back
Top Bottom