Port light removal KK42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnummi

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bare Necessities/Daydream/In-Motion
Vessel Make
Albin 27FC/Kadey-Krogen 42/Navigtor Classic 53
I've got an 82 KK42... anyone ever change the glass on pilothouse aft port lights. Appears you can tap out pins... is there anyway to change the glass? Galley Port I can see the bronze screws holding glass trim ring in so no problem there.

If you nock the pins out and remove the gasket, you'll see the brass, Phillips head screws. If I had to replace the glass I might be inclined to take the port light to a reputable glass shop and have them remove the frame, old glass and install the new.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 93
Thanks that worked perfectly. I brought all of my portlights back to original bronze with a lemon soak (thanks Costco) painted em with clear enamel. Good as new. Now for the surrounds.

P.S. I also dunked each of my bronze screen mounts into a lemon bath. Coated with clear poly... and rescreened. Maavelous! Some don’t like the shiny brass look. I happen to channel the old British salts on fighting sailing vessels of yore: if it’s metal, polish it till it gleams. (Of course cheating a bit with the clear poly.)

Back
Top Bottom