New Krogen 55' Expedition Trawler yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMA

Has anybody seen this vessel, or know anything about it... particularly the asking price?* Was at the Solomon's TF?

Nobody has seen it yet.* It hasn't been built.* Krogen had a talk about it at the Rendezvous in Solomon's Is. in October.* They are presently*tooling the molds.* Don't know about the price.

I've had some high level discussions with Krogen on this boat since I opened this thread, and it's just not my cup of tea.* It has* a very shallow draft for a boat it's size, less than 5' of headroom in the engine room and no walkaround decks.

For $1.895M (the same price as the K58), plus extras/options, I'll pass.* I can get into a new, fully equipped N55 for less than $1.7M.

I've got pdfs and tifs of the line drawings, if anybody is interested.* Can't upload these file types here, so PM me a valid email and I'll send.

KMA wrote:

I've had some high level discussions with Krogen on this boat since I opened this thread, and it's just not my cup of tea. It has a very shallow draft for a boat it's size, less than 5' of headroom in the engine room and no walkaround decks.

*I have a Whaleback and from what I have seen this is a updated and stretched WB.* The no walk around design works very well for us and is actually convenient for docking since all lines are handled on one deck.* The improvements are a stretched and sharpened bow which is my biggest objection to my WB.* This finer entry will make the performance into a head sea much better.

I think that just like the 44 Krogen was an update to the 42 this model lets the builder sell a 'new' design and not compete against the used WB on the market.* You can buy a recent WB for 7-800K easy so spending 3 times that for a new boat would be a strectch for me.

But if you want a an 'expedition' vessel rather than a coastal trawler then this looks pretty good to me.

was on the 55 this past weekend.what a boat!the machinery space is so well layed out trhat you dont have any two devices next to each other.a dream to work on!the layout is very user friendly and very homey feeling ,just like the whaleback.now all i have to do is come up with 2 mil.* not likely

Back
Top Bottom