Manatee - A/C condensation tube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftbinc

Vessel Name
Oma
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogan\Manatee
Hi all:
our A/C unit is under the port settee. It is contained in a tray. the tray has a drain that drains directly into the bilge. my bilge pump is a rule 2000 and it sucks the water out pretty good, but about 1/2 drains back from the hose. (The bilge hose is 17 feet) The splash back, goes into the "Tunnel" under the fuel tank to the mid-ship equipment room (Which has a rule 1500, but no real bilge to collect the water, leaving that area damp. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Our AC is located in the salon, mounted on the floor opposite the settee & covered by removable cabinet. We have a siphon tube that sucks the condensation from the pan & feeds it via a Venturi fitting into the AC seawater cooling exit hose. Due to the AC location it’s the best solution but it’s prone to clogging & difficult to clean. When the AC fails we’re considering replacing with a mini split unit.

The Condensators are a great idea, but as you have found out are prone to clogging. Can you locate a shower sump down below the A/C? It will have it’s own bilge pump and works very well for condensate as well as shower drain.

Our Manatee, as do most others, drain shower directly overboard. I have heard of one that installed a sump & pump due to inflow thru drain when heeled to starboard.

My berth AC is only a few feet from my shower sump. AC drains into it an works fine. I’ve made several tries to drain the salon and galley ACs to the sump, no luck. The distance is to far to keep out low points, etc. Is anything wrong with me installing a small thru hull fitting for each of the other AC units?

Yes, you can put an overboard drain on them. Make sure the through hull is above the waterline and the hose goes downhill to the through hull with no low spots so the condensation will flow out easily.

My unit is in the bottom of the starboard utility closet and drains into the bilge via a hose on the pan. Never had a problem with it or wanted to change it. Maybe I should rethink it.

Back
Top Bottom