Manatee anchor deck/bow sprit construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftbinc

Vessel Name
Oma
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogan\Manatee
Hi all.

I am hoping someone can tell me how the forward bow “platform” is constructed.
Fro m the bow aft
Two anchor rollers
A teak wood lattice that is open underneath
The two hauser pipes
Then a small 1 foot by 2 foot apps teak deck that the windless is mounted on.

Does anyone know what is under the teak? If I take the teak up. What will I find. The PO replaces the windlass and left two holes poorly patched and one is leaking. I don’t want to put 610 in the holes and possibly glue the platform to the deck. I might have to remove the teak to patch the hole in the deck if it is just the deck underneath and not a part of the platform.

Thanks for any assistance

Paul
KK Manatee “Oma”

On our Manatee the pulpit was hollow with a few scrape pieces of teak inside. I removed the base board the old rope winch was mounted on, the pulpit had many drilled holes in it from previous installations. The power supply for the old winch was under the board.
I used the opening to pull out much of the loose pieces of teak I could reach. I pulled out the two chain pipes and found the holes thru the deck had not been sealed causing rotten coring around the pipe holes.
I rebuilt the pulpit back filling the pulpit and deck coring with ridged foam. I placed a large piece of aluminum sheet over the winch hole as a new base for the new vertical windlass.

Re-built pulpit.

Attachments

• 6B448670-D0B3-4860-B73C-AC8235662A35.jpg
    6B448670-D0B3-4860-B73C-AC8235662A35.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom