KK-39 Question: Gas Strut Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlgray

Vessel Name
Tribute
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 39
Greetings;

We are the proud new owners of KK-39, 2004 vintage, and found the gas strut that supports the hatch to the flybridge has failed. In looking at it, the strut was replaced in 2011 but I am wondering if it was replaced with the wrong one.

The question is: Can any owner tell me what is the length of their gas strut and the specifications that are on it?

Gas struts not only come in different lengths but in different pounds of resistance.

My hatch may have opened to far as the hatch collides with the rail on the flybridge and has chipped the gelcoat on the hatch. It has probably failed because the hatch is very heavy to open. The gas strut is an Ameritool, 875-10-30#. The manufacturer is very responsive to where I can get a new one (about $100) but I want to verify that the right one is ordered.

Thanks so much!

jigray: There's at least one other 39 owner who posts here, but doesn't monitor very much.. I'll send them a PM with your question.

I suggest you phone the Kadey Krogen people. They will know, I'm sure.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Hi,

We own a Krogen 39 too. Our single flybridge hatch strut when it is collapsed measures 15-3/16" long, and has cylinder diameter of 11/16". The cylinder only measures 11-1/4". When extended, 9-1/2" of the shaft is outside of the cylinder. There is no label, or other information that I can see on it.

I would definitely recommend calling the Krogen office. We speak regularly with the head office in Florida at (800) 247-1230, and have found everyone there to be extremely helpful, and we are the 3rd owner of our Krogen 39.

When you do get the specs, could you post them here on the forum so that I can record it for future reference. Ours is looking rusty, and who knows when it might fail.

All the best,

Pelagic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom