Just had my prospective KK39 Surveyed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z1nonlyone

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lucky Us
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 39
Today I had my prospective KK39 surveyed and "sea trialed". Everything went well with 3 surveyors saying that they could find nothing of consequance wrong! It looks like the deal will go thru. Glad I found this forum as I am sure all of you with more experiance will be able to answer questions as they come up!

Chris Bergstedt

Congratulations! Hope everything else goes smoothly.

Ted

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat. Have fun.

Chris: Great news! Ya know, I’ve been really impressed with those 39’s. Most reliable package I’ve ever heard of, well built, go anywhere. Congrats.

Congratulations! I love those 39s. If I could afford one, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Best of luck!

Hi, just perusing KK threads here: did you go through with your purchase?

Y 3 surveyors?

I'd view him as prudent and smart. Small up front change spent in relation to both purchase price and avoiding an expensive oops or two. Wonder how it is working out for him

I'd view him as prudent and smart. Small up front change spent in relation to both purchase price and avoiding an expensive oops or two. Wonder how it is working out for him

Hi All!,,

My surveyors consisted of a engine surveyor and a general boat surveyor. The third was a captain, who was also a surveyor, that was hired by the seller to be in charge of the sea trial. The deal went through and I have had zero problems with the boat. Trying to get hours behind the wheel getting the feel for her. Been living on the boat the last 6 days as I am an evacuee from the fires in northern California. I feel blessed to have such a comfortable alternative to my house! forced air heat, refridgeration, tv, its as good as it gets for me anyway. Taking the opportunity to learn the systems I had not tried out yet. The boat has 8 Trojan 6volt batteries that lasted 4 days of used before going into the yellow zone or 12.3 volts. I don't have a generator. The power was shutoff at the marina also! I think I need to investigate solar as a supplement option. Not sure I want to go the whole generator step. What do you all think?

Solar is a good solution. As far as adding a generator or not, it depends on your needs. Are you likely to need / want to power more than solar / batteries can support while away from shore power? If so, a generator would be worthwhile.

Congratulations on the purchase. I certainly hope your house comes through the fires unscathed.

We also had three surveyors. Two conditional and one mechanical. The mechanical was done after the sea trial but the other two (one was apprenticing) spent every minute of a long eight hour day going through the boat. They didn't even stop for lunch. I would imagine it would've been a two day survey otherwise.

Well worth it to ensure you knew what you were buying and what it needed.

I'd recommend adding a small generator. It gives you so many options to cruise far and wide.

Congratulations on the purchase. I certainly hope your house comes through the fires unscathed.

We also had three surveyors. Two conditional and one mechanical. The mechanical was done after the sea trial but the other two (one was apprenticing) spent every minute of a long eight hour day going through the boat. They didn't even stop for lunch. I would imagine it would've been a two day survey otherwise.

Well worth it to ensure you knew what you were buying and what it needed.

I'd recommend adding a small generator. It gives you so many options to cruise far and wide.

Before I bought this particular boat, one of my must haves was a generator. Since every boat will someday be for sale, I will probably wish I held out for a generator when trying to sell, if not sooner when my plans take me to Florida and, the Bahamas. This boat has already been to mexico and Alaska without a generator. I guess if your often on the move and running the engines at an effective rpm (and I think that's the issue) then all is well.

Awesome news! Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Sounds like you got a nice boat. The more surveyors, the better. Hope your home is safe. We need the high pressure to break, and some rain.

Congrats, bet you were relived the survey went well.

You already have a right batteries now get the solar.

I had solar on my Airstream many years ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom