Galley porthole fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aevdg

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
White Knuckles
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42
Since everyone was so helpful with my refrigerator question - here is my next one. I am looking for that fan that fits in the round porthole in the galley - its reversible.

Does anyone know where I can get it for our new to us KK42?

Thank you:flowers:

You may have to make one. I am in the process of making a shower exhaust fan, 1/4 in starboard cut to fit where the screen goes. I will mount a 4" 12V electronics fan. Mine will be one way but it would be easy to wire in a reversing switch.

I stole the idea from another KK

I'd look at the Caframo Fans for a start. They're known for their efficient and quiet motors. I've got 2 styles on my boat that I like.

The Scirocco II is a possible solution and one I've considered for my fwd hatch.

7010-Sirocco-II_-Black-768x767.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. FW's suggestion is probably much better than mine in that you could mount the fan on a bulkhead beside the port and swing it in and out of the port opening quite easily.

I suggest you wait on the fan. I haven't found the need for one in the 18 months we've owned our 42 and that includes hot days. If it is too hot outside we have the AC running.

I used an 8" 12vdc car radiator/cooler fan, mounted in a custom lexan plate (to keep from blocking any light. Sucks all the heat and odors out while wife cooks. It is a bit loud. I would prefer a larger fan slowed down with a speed control for noise purposes. Wired with a plug to use in galley. My wife loves ot, but she does bake alot.

I'd look at the Caframo Fans for a start. They're known for their efficient and quiet motors. I've got 2 styles on my boat that I like.

The Scirocco II is a possible solution and one I've considered for my fwd hatch.

7010-Sirocco-II_-Black-768x767.jpg
I just bought one of these after extensive research for my aftdeck.

Vornado Shop Fan

Not for nothin....the Vornado Shop Fan plugs right into the galley port. A little foam tape from HD allows it to stay in place without additional support. Perfect fit. Really really throws some air.

Perfect. .thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom