Dockside Access to Krogens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenDawn

Vessel Name
Golden Dawn
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I have one of the older KK42s (#83) and am curious to see how others have handled to awkward dockside access. I have seen a few small door cut-outs above the rub rail but would like to see if others have had much success with steps fixed to the boat.

In our previous boat, I bucked a transom door through the stern and it made access so much easier via the swim grid. I have thought about a variety of "planks" to the KK swim grid but have not seen a working version to date.

Thought this would be a good venue for exchanging ideas.

John
Golden Dawn (KK42-83)

Interesting. Thought transom door was standard. I used a painters scaffold as a passeralle when we had a dog. Many nicer passeralles on the market as they are almost always used in Europe.

Marty/Pelican

I do have the transom door. But unless we back in (rarely) it is hard to reach the grid. Would like to see a photo of the passeralle if you have one.

Hi John. We have a 14" step that we move from side deck to side deck. At the home slip we have a high bull rail that serves as a step on the dock. This lets us step over the rail without getting a wet crotch. Also, the dock rides high in the water. It's more problematic at other docks that ride lower in the water and/or have a low bull rail. We had a small folding plastic step to use on the dock on those occasions. It's not particularly adequate. I have seen some fancy and probably costly solutions with steps that can deploy off the top deck off of the Pilothouse doors.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom