Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #1

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Fluke
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Center pilothouse window removal

Greetings. I am looking for help getting the center window on a 12 year old 42 Krogen, *out and re-bedded. It is not opening or hinged. It looks like taking interior teak trim off by way of getting plugs out - then unscrewing the screws. If it is that simple, it will still be hard to do. Has any one done this job. It is probably similar on other type boats. R & R is due to a leak at the bottom and old bedding material "squeezing out from metal frames that hold the glass on the outside. There are no fasteners on the outside. It is a little scary but not doing the fix would get me into real trouble.

xfedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
RE: Center pilothouse window removal

See my reply on T&T. There has to be some way to remove the outside frame; call Krogen. You can use flowable silicone to stop the leak simply...you can get it at the auto parts store.

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #3

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Fluke
RE: Center pilothouse window removal

Well I finally finished rebeding w/help from Marine Glass. *Glass is held in to metal frames (from Western Metals in Portland?) by "same as auto glass" tape on front side and rubber gasket on back. 3/8ths tempered glass was so tight it was tough to get out AND back in. Hard to get old gasket back in. We used thicker better tape which made if tight. I will hold my pilot house up against a submarine ref water tightness.*

I like to do most things *my self but sure glad I called a pro. I did have to take off the interior teak. Luckily, it was a very nice ONE piece frame, not 4 separate pieces. Now I refinish the frames and screw and plug the holes. Never done that before.. the plug part.
xfedex is offline   Reply With Quote