Bumper stowage and deployment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What if both ends are pointy?

27' St. Pierre Dory, one of the most seaworthy wood boats ever designed.

at_anchor.jpg

Houston, we have a problem.

Use the pointy end with the windshield wipers or without the ensign

I am interested in ideas for stowing and deploying bumpers particularly for KK42s. Pictures would be great. Thanks!

Our recently new to us KK42 came with 6 fenders that have a trigger hook tied on each end. While underway, the fenders are clipped fore & aft to stainless saddle points on the rub rails and hang horizontally, 3 on each side (see pic). If you un-clip the fender aft ends and drop them, they're set for a side tie. The fenders protrude a couple of inches beyond the rub rails so, depending on how sloppy I am backing into our slip (and I'm sloppy all right :rolleyes:), they can hang up a little on pilings. I'll probably continue to keep them where they are since they're readily accessible and I don't really want to hang them from the boat deck rail or put "baskets" at the bow. We also carry 4 fender balls in the lazarette that come in handy when rafting, etc.

Attachments

• Underway.jpg
    Underway.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 100
I have no problem with vision underway and mine are mounted on both sides of the bow.

I guess I better add to the list, 6 new fenders.
I have 2 red ball fenders about 2 feet in diameter.

What I would like to do is that that puny stainless strip and little bitty rubber strip rub rail, replacing it with a 2X3 inch black rubber strip. Sure would improve the looks of the American Tug and actually provide protection for the hull.

Fendergrip

We use “Fendergrip”. They work amazingly well and allow you to quickly adjust the position of your fender. When not in use our fenders are stowed horizontally from the rail on the upper deck. They come with a lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom