The restoration 49 RPH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find myself out of time and money. I have put over 80,000 into it and it needs 20,000 plus paint to float again.
Anyone who wants to think about taking it over, i just don't have the time. Any offer considered

Twenty seconds left I will throw a bid across the bow and see if it sticks.

I am now the proud owner with the task of getting it to the Delta and couldn't be happier. It is now in Washington and I am going to go up next week to start preparing it for the voyage south. Well, now I am really going to stay anonymous!

I will keep you up on the adventure. I thought you were supposed to get smarter when you get older. Oh, did I mention I am working in Texas and I am landlocked? What an idiot I am!

I was hoping this would turn out better. It is sad.

Eye, yi, yi...

:banghead: indeed.

I saw the for sale sign on it when we were discussing this boat:

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/newbie-please-let-me-think-boat-15277.html

I PM'd the original poster to stay away from that one. I don't know the guy but it appears that he has an affinity for orphan boats that he likes to flip.

Sorry. I could've, would've, should've told you to stay away as well...

Have a friend who redid a GB 49 of same vintage. The vessel is gorgeous. He was able to use his "connections" to have a top flight yard to do much of the work at cost, still investing several hundred K.

For those with skills and a wallet, redoing old boats is lots of fun and the end product life rewarding. Lacking either of these not so good.

For those with skills and a wallet, redoing old boats is lots of fun and the end product life rewarding. Lacking either of these not so good.

The above paragraph needs to be in a sticky somewhere and every newbie that signs up here forced to memorize them.

Hmmm, bought a 76 Coachman motorhome once on Ebay, unseen.... :"Sir Gasalot" We're talking $2500 here, not thousand. Please, please don't let me do this with a boat.

Back
Top Bottom