Replacing window wash system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allengb32

I am looking to replace the window wash system on my GB 32 which uses the water lines to direct water to all three front windows. My plan is to install a small auto window wash tank and pump up under the fly bridge and utilize the existing power to control its operation. Has anyone made this type of change? Any comments are greatly appreciated

Why? Existing works well, is simple, no pump...I just had to clean the little mason bees out of mine so putting a little condom over the end when not in use is a good idea. Besides, I am a believer in Rain-x, never used my washers or wipers (or is that nor wipers?). I sold the 32 but not the bottle of Rain-x.

Appreciate your thoughts and I am also a believer in "if it isn't broke...don't fix it". However my waterlines froze last year due to a yard mistake and replacing the existing system is a much less expensive alternative.

AJG

I have washers as original equipment on my Bayliner 3988. I needed wiper motor parts and got a new reservoir and pump at the same time. The supplier for bay is AM Equipment and they make many wiper products for the RV, bus and marine trades.

We removed the wipers on Shangri-La. They rarely touched the glass, arms corroded and they sounded like a 3 pack of 1964 Briggs and Straton lawn mowers when they were on. We use Rain-X. Works beautifully, fresh or salt water spray and of course - rain.

+1 on the RainX. Our Eastbay's wipers are in sad shape but some hastily applied RainX worked wonders for shedding spray during our delivery down from RI to MD. Especially while taking a lot of spray coming up the Delaware.

Back
Top Bottom