Older GB instruments and boom capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkwills

Vessel Name
It's All Good
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 50 MY
I have a couple of questions, the first is - where can I find instrument gauges for older Grand Banks ? We have a 1972 GB50 FDMY and I'd like to replace a couple of the non-functioning instruments (tachometer w/hour meter, voltage meter, temp gauge etc.). Any thoughts or guidance ?
The second question deals with the mast boom that came with the GB50, does anyone know the capacity of the boom (lifting weight) ? I did notice in the brochure for the GB50 what looks to be a Boston Whaler with an outboard on the top deck, it could be a 13 footer. I'm think the Boston Whaler is just over 1000 lbs. all up. I ask as we purchased a 13' Rendova with a 40 Yamaha (vintage 2000 for both) and would like to use the boom to lift that to the top deck.
Any info or suggestions/advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
Don

Don,

I urge you to ask your questions on the GB Owners forum, http://grandbanksowners.com/gbb/index.php
A fellow by the name of Bob Lowe runs the site and knows everything there is to know about our GB boats. Then, come back here and hang out with some of the best boat enthusiasts on the web! Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom