.Maintenance light on EB47 helm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Anyone know what the light labeled 'maintenance' is on the lower helm of an Eastbay 47?

It's not listed in the manual. It did not previously light. It comes on when either engine start breaker is powered. No other signs of trouble, engine displays reading all normal expected values. The switch next to it does not change the state of the light.

Attachments

• 20221029_132348.jpg
    20221029_132348.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
Does it go off when the engine starts? Is it a visual alarm in addition to the normal buzzer for low oil pressure?

Does it go off when the engine starts? Is it a visual alarm in addition to the normal buzzer for low oil pressure?

Nope, stayed lit, and engine displays for both reported expected values for the coolant, engine and trans temps/pressures. Flipping the switch does nothing either. I'm going to ask GB for more info.

I e-mailed the factory and their take is:

"When the engines are due for service the maintenance light would come on. The switch is for you to turn off the light temporarily while waiting for service to take place. The Caterpillar technician would reset (switch off till the next service cycle) the maintenance light after completing the service."

The switch didn't make a difference on the light. It stayed lit no matter how I had the switch set.

I wasn't aware of anything that needed doing. We're at ~1300 hours on them and, iirc, all thousand-hour work was done. Likewise various coolers (oil, fuel, transmission). And I've also had regular seasonal oil changes.

Do the C12 MPD engine displays show service interval needs? I have an MPD manual and it makes no mention of that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom