GB42 centerline queen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Miller Time III
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can answer a couple of questions. First, does anyone know the first year that the centerline queen with split bathroom layout was offered in the Grand Banks 42?

My second question is how many of the ~1,500 GB42s had this layout?

Many thanks,

I'm not sure, but I have an '85 with the centered queen. You just need to figure out when the GB 42 'motoryacht' model (as opposed to the 'classic') was first introduced, because that would have been the first, since you need the full-width aft cabin for that layout (I think).

I'm not sure, but I have an '85 with the centered queen. You just need to figure out when the GB 42 'motoryacht' model (as opposed to the 'classic') was first introduced, because that would have been the first, since you need the full-width aft cabin for that layout (I think).

Hi thank you for the answer. I’ve seen a number of boats with the traditional aft cabin (not the MY) that have this layout, although it would make sense that this style started with the MY. The earliest Motor Yacht I can find for sale on Yachtworld in a 1981.

You may get a quicker answer over on the Grand Banks Owners website forum. Some members over there are here as well but not all. If it can be found out it will be found out there.

International Association of Grand Banks Owners - International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index

There is a contact with Grand Banks itself who has been helpful with old parts, etc. Not sure he would know but I would be he could pass on the question to someone who does. His name is Nazri Abu.

nazri_a@grandbanks.com

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom