Ocean Alexander

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevkat

The admiral and I are going to look at an Ocean today, as this is just the begining of our search for our first trawler we would welcome any comments or sugestions*positive or negative. Also comments on the 2003 cummins 6BTA5.9M engines.

tnanks Kevin and Katie

Kevin:

I had an Ocean Alex 42' Sedan about 10 years ago and loved it. (Still do) Not knowing what my "mission" was going to be, I sold it to try something else. I have had 8 boats, all sizes, since 1995 and to this day my wife says the Ocean Alex was the best! Certainly not a trawler, the Ocean Alex was equipped with Cat 3208's and would cruise at 20 knots.

The boat that replaced her was a 38' Sport Fisher (Also a 20 kt. boat) that had the Cummins 5.9 210hp engines. they were much easier to service (belt changes, oil changes, etc) and never gave me a moments worry. Since 1995 I've owned a total of 4- 5.9's in various horsepower and I love them. My current engine is a Cummins 330B (Also a 5.9)

Although I believe there are numerous good to great engines out there, your question was specifically aimed at the Cummins 5.9. IMO, you can't go wrong!

This thread has me wondering why the Ocean Alexander is not listed. They are a damn good boat and there a lot of them out there.

Attachments

• mariposa.jpg
    mariposa.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 166
I have an Ocean 38 twin ford lehmans I use it on lake Ontario and Have traveled the Trent and Ridiou canal systems. We love the boat. I'l post a photo when I figure out how .

Hey there Ocean,
From your Avatar it looks like you carry your Tender from the swim platform horizontally. What is your davit system set up like or holding brackets? I want to do the same so I can utilize the area where my Tender now sits. I was thinking of relocating my davit to the stern but not sure if that would be the best idea. Do you find it is in the way there or it interferes with docking? Looking for the advantages and disadvantages.

Curious
Elwin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom