Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #1

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
North Pacific Yachts

I think North Pacific Yachts deserves a place in the list.

The boat that is battling heavy seas is a NP43. The other pics are of my NP45. North Pacific has a NP63 on the drawing board. It looks like they are going after brands like Outer Reef, Selene, etc. It's a gorgeous trawler.
Attached Thumbnails
Back of Boat_cropped2 (1).jpg   NP45 from distance_cropped2 (2).jpg   NP43 Seas1.jpg   NP43 Seas2.jpg   NP43 Seas3.jpg  

electronics2_cropped (1).jpg  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Nice railings!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:52 AM   #3

Nice Seahorse! That's a serious go anywhere boat.

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #4
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Love that NP45. Fantastic boat IMO.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Back atcha dhays!

I think the NP page would get a lot of use with over 100 NP's out there.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:10 AM   #6
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
You love all NP, but for good reason, you love yours. I knew you'd be quick to this thread. However, you did long ago convince me that they're a too often overlooked builder. Very nice boats.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
You love all NP, but for good reason, you love yours. I knew you'd be quick to this thread. However, you did long ago convince me that they're a too often overlooked builder. Very nice boats.
I'm impressed with Trevor and his commitment to building a great boat for a reasonable price (relative). Thanks for your support!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #8
Guru

City: Birch bay wa
Vessel Name: Rogue
Vessel Model: North Pacific 42
I agree Doc, another happy owner here. Your boat must be about ready to go!
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
Guru

City: Galveston, Texas
Vessel Model: 24" El Pescador
I will also agree that you get a lot of boat for the money with a NP.

Ken Diestler
Galveston
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #10
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Yup them are some snotty seas dirtdoc,
Yup everybody thinks their baby ought to be “on the list” but if everybodies baby was the list would be almost endless and constantly changing. This has come up before .. several times and I don’t recall if it’s ever happened. I don’t care if Willard is there so you you can have that spot if you wish .. as if it were mine to give. I can contact other Willard owners as I have done in the past. But I rarely look at the Willard section. They should have known this problem would come up when they made “the list”. However being on the list may be far more beneficial and a plus for newbies. Talking to a dozen people is probably far less threatening than hundreds or thousands. So perhaps there’s more merrit for the list than I thought.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Nice railings!
HaHa Mark,
That’s like saying “nice shoe laces” to a well dressed man.
Or like me saying “nice anchor”.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #12

City: SOBX North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Yup them are some snotty seas dirtdoc,
Yup everybody thinks their baby ought to be “on the list” but if everybodies baby was the list would be almost endless and constantly changing. This has come up before .. several times and I don’t recall if it’s ever happened. I don’t care if Willard is there so you you can have that spot if you wish .. as if it were mine to give. I can contact other Willard owners as I have done in the past. But I rarely look at the Willard section. They should have known this problem would come up when they made “the list”. However being on the list may be far more beneficial and a plus for newbies. Talking to a dozen people is probably far less threatening than hundreds or thousands. So perhaps there’s more merrit for the list than I thought.
When I began reading the forum but rarely posting, it was always nice to see the particular models of boats in the avatar and detailed under the photos. I have always said that it would be nice to have one dedicated section for describing particular boats, with an attached picture for people looking for a hull to buy.

Since then reading the many threads about the best hull for a person, it would be a nice addition if nothing else for people to list a variety of hulls all on one thread, not to discuss as much as like a mini forum boat show .
Scratchnsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #13
Guru

Quote:
HaHa Mark,
That’s like saying “nice shoe laces” to a well dressed man.
Or like me saying “nice anchor”.
No, coming from Mark a huge compliment as railings are something he considers very important.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #14
Guru

Scratch,
I’ve always thought people didn’t pay enough attention to hulls and roo much to deatails like galley location. But you probably don’t mean hulls .... just calling boats hulls.
And a kind of a avatar picture or header pic for newbies is a very good idea. Perhaps there should be a “Here are the Boats” section. It could even be a copy of an excellent add w lots of pics and specs. Most all the time that I go on YachtWorld it’s just to look at boats. Yes great idea.

Yup BanbB you’re right. Mark likes his rails and everybody elses too. A good thing to like I’ll admit. Too bad I don’t have more extensive rails to warm Marks heart. Now that I’m not the monkey I used to be it would actually be something to consider. Until that happends I’m going to discipline myself to always wear my inflatable life jacket and rig grab lines over the side .. or better, a ladder not long enough to get near the prop.

But we all like what we like. Speaking of that I just noticed the CC inclusion on the “Trawler Forums” list of boat makes. You should like that at least as well as Mark likes rails. There’s actually a non-trawler on the trawler list. How long has that been there?

Old 01-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #15
Guru

Quote:

But we all like what we like. Speaking of that I just noticed the CC inclusion on the “Trawler Forums” list of boat makes. You should like that at least as well as Mark likes rails. There’s actually a non-trawler on the trawler list. How long has that been there?
Lot's of non trawlers there, depending on one's definition of trawlers. I hadn't noticed the list until it came up today as I never look at it.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #16

Quote:
I’ve always thought people didn’t pay enough attention to hulls and roo much to deatails like galley location
Well if galley location is the single most important thing, it is my view that for dock queens that's probably the most important part of any boat-hull besides a bar.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #17
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchnsaw View Post
Well if galley location is the single most important thing, it is my view that for dock queens that's probably the most important part of any boat-hull besides a bar.
On a cruising boat, galley up vs down is a must for us. Galley down is a deal killer. We have one boat with galley down but it has no bridge and up is open so only place to put it and not a boat we use it a lot on. Everyone has must haves or must not haves that have nothing to do with the hull or performance of the boat.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #18
Guru

City: Bayview
Vessel Name: Puffin
Vessel Model: Willard Vega 30
Dirtdoc,

Is she in Bellingham?

Bob
Old 01-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
On a cruising boat, galley up vs down is a must for us. Galley down is a deal killer. We have one boat with galley down but it has no bridge and up is open so only place to put it and not a boat we use it a lot on. Everyone has must haves or must not haves that have nothing to do with the hull or performance of the boat.
I understand completely. But the overall length of a boat can play a role in the placement of the galley. While there are some exceptions, the shorter the boat, and with the galley up you loose a lot of sitting area. I have experienced the break point in and around 32 feet. A raised pilot house, which is becoming more available in the newer models can improve some of the losses in the combination deck house and helm area in those ranges.

With it down, you can loose sleeping quarters. or a smaller stateroom and even a full stand up head. But my comment , maybe not the best with the short reply was more along the lines of the galley being at the top of the list without giving other considerations to some of the compromises that's in each and every boat.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cofer View Post
Dirtdoc,

Is she in Bellingham?

Bob
Hi Bob,

Yes she is in Bellingham. I'm in a hotel in Medford right now. I'm driving up to put her in the Seattle boat this week. Then she will go back to Bellingham to finish commissioning then up to Canada for a few months. I'll cruise her in the PNW for a while then it's down to Ensenada for a few months then home to Redwood City. I can't wait until I get back to my home harbor. West Point Harbor. It's a great place. The more time that I spend in other states the more I miss the traffic choked San Francisco Bay Area - born and raised there. I love the bay and the delta, the coast, the redwoods, etc..

Nothing against Washington it's a beautiful place! I'm spoiled by the CA weather.

Speaking of galleys: I wish my fridge was bigger. The 49 is really the sweet spot.
Attached Thumbnails
galley.jpg