Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Menorquin 130, 43ft Cruiser

Anyone familiar with this boat, I`ve not seen one before. You can search it for sale on Yachts & Boats for Sale in Australia & New Zealand | Yachthub.
A 2004 43 ft cruiser, twins, hard chines, canoe type (rounded) stern with swim platform incorporated. It has a very salty look, between a ship`s lifeboat and a Willard. It has the appearance of being built to perform rather than just accommodate.
Anyone familiar with it or its origins, which could easily be European rather than USA?
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
THD
Guru

City: Seattle
I know they are Spanish, built in Menorca. i looked at one in boat show some years ago and recall being pretty impressed with the fit and finish. I know they advertise themselves as "slow boats"!. I think the basis for their design is old, traditional Spanish fishing boats. My only real issue is that the one you referred to seems awfully overpowered (2x315 HP Volvos). If I recall, it is not a semi-displacement hull, so all that power will not get you any additional speed. If it were, 630hp in a 43' boat should get you at least to 16-18 knots, I don't think that boat will do that. To compare-we are 58', right at 50 tons, and 2x154hp Deeres move us at an easy 8 knot cruise and 11 knots top.
THD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Yeah, I was also looking at them while in Germany, and then again here near Ft. Lauderdale. The boat exudes quality build, in my opinion, but I never took one for a sea trial. The space in the boat was also good, but the engine room was just too tight for my taste. I also wondered about the power/hull performance, but the broker didn't know a darned thing about it. I recall at least one photo that looked as if the boat was actually on plane. The integral swim platform was really bulky looking, but extremely useful.....a good addition to the small veranda. A few of them had tiny fly bridges that were kind of an afterthought, and may have been an add-on to appeal to the US market. The ones I knew of stayed on the market for quite a while. If you are checking one out, make sure it has an American (rather than Euro) electrical system. If you like the look but also want the economy, take a peak at the Island Packet 41 trawler. Very efficient and almost identical style.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Thanks for the responses, there is such a fund of knowledge on TF The limited underwater photo shows hard chines, based on that I figured on a semi displacement hull, but it has the look of something you`d expect displacement. It looks high quality and ready for adverse conditions. I wondered if they are still built in view of the parlous economic state of Spain, and Europe generally, it sounds like they are.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Link to Menoquin:
Menorquin
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #6

City: Avon
Vessel Name: Peregrna
Vessel Model: Menorquin 120 (41ft)
I am new to the forum and have a Menorquin 120. The 120 is considered fast displacement and can cruise at 9-10 or get on plane and easily do 22-23. Any other Menorquin owners out there?
Peregrina1 is offline   Reply With Quote