How about a Cheer Men PT38 & PT41 Group?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rduval

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bonaventure
Vessel Make
Cheer Men PT41 Europa
If not I started a "social group" on this forum just now but I'm not sure the difference between a social group and a "real" group??

My current boat is a 24 ft Mako fishing boat, but had a Cheer Men PT 41 for 7 years. Got rid of it 11 or so years ago when we moved to the keys. Ours was the traditional (aft cabin)model, not the Europa like yours.

I always thought highly of her construction quality, but the general maintenance got to be a bit much. How is the maintenance on yours? What kind of power? Mine had Lehman 135s (2).

The wood can definitely get you down. Seems the post important thing is to keep on top of it. Much easier to do a scuff and recoat every 1-2 years than to have to strip and restart.

It's certainly a solid boat, I have the twin Ford Lehman 120's and I burn about 3.5 Gal/hr at 8.5 knots. Very economical IMHO.

Do you have any pics of yours? Especially interior. I'm always curious how some of the others were constructed.

Pt 41

Sorry, no interior pics. The 2 things I remember most are:

1) There was no really comfortable place to sit except for the 2 cushioned folding deck chairs I had on the flybridge, and

2) I had an "L" shaped drawer and counter unit. The lower part of the "L" was ordinarily sticking out into the cabin, while the long part of the "L" was against the starboard cabin wall. This arrangement could be easily be reconfigured so that the lower portion of the "L" could be moved against the starboard cabin wall too in order to free up some interior space.

Also, just noticed my first post was in error. I had the Lehman 120s as well. Got about the same fuel consumption as what you are getting. Great engines except when the fuel filters got clogged, which happened to me a lot.

I just purchased a 41' PT Europa and in the process of doing a major refurbish on her. I'd love to hear from other PT owners and discuss the boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom