Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Chesapeake Region
48' Trojan Meridian RPH Long Range Cruiser

I stumbled across this listing for a 48' Trojan Meridian RPH Long Range Cruiser.

Yacht Search

I don't think I've ever heard of one of these. If you know anything about them, please post.
Thanks, all.
Catbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard Mr./Ms. C. Interesting. I thought Meridian was made by Brunswick (Bayliner etc,)
Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for the welcome.
Mr. Catbird
Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Guru

Welcome. This is a different Meridian than Bayliner/Maridian. This was built By Trojan, a division of the Whittaker Corp. Was probably built in their plant in Lancaster PA. I might have a original bruchure in a file at home. I have Trojan brochures for several model years in the 70's that came with my old boat, a 1974 F26 Trojan. Trojan went bankrupt in the early/mid 90's and was bought by Carver. I think Bayliner switched the brand on their big boats to Meridian sometime in the early 2000's
Capn Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Any sense for how they were/are regarded? Build quality, sea keeping, etc? This example appears to be a lot of boat.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Trojan's are typically very very solid boats. Thick hulls, good quality, etc. They did not make many of these raised pilothouses- I've only seen a few. They made some wooden boats in the early 70's and I think their largest boat made was a 54' pilothouse which they made a limited number of but not 100% certain that is their largest boat they made but pretty sure. Every trojan I've been on has been well build, sturdy, and good quality, owner maintenance dependent of course. I believe if you google it there is a trojan owners group online somewhere. They may know more about this specific model.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote