Grand Alaskan 64 - owners advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you were at 20kts on the sea trial she must have been on plane, did she feel OK?
It hurt to have the mechanic insist on keeping her at WOT for 20 minutes...bow was raised and wake was huge!

I would think it's at least a semi displacement hull if not a planning hull. I did some work on a 45 Cabo express with the same hp engines. It's only a 29kt boat at wfo. I was surprised to see it was only burning 1.05gph each at 6.5 knots. (650rpm).
At low rpms these motors actually don't use much. 1K rpms gives 8kts and only slurping 5gph total. I know more than others but for being rated at 660hp it feels ok?

20 min's at wot won't hurt anything but the wallet. if need be you could hold her at 75% load for a long period of time. i wouldn't run at wot for more than a couple hrs straight unless its an emergency.

your numbers look good. you can compare it with the info i sent.

Your boat is definitely beautiful ! Watched you pull out of the marina today. Could see the power, just engaging forward gears she gets up and moves. Enjoy!

Your boat is definitely beautiful ! Watched you pull out of the marina today. Could see the power, just engaging forward gears she gets up and moves. Enjoy!
Thanks, she sure jumps into gear with authority. Have to warn the boss whenever I engage the trannies as the boat lurches quite a bit. Was super blustery in the bay but she ran well and stabilizers got a workout. Here she is at her new location (still waiting for a permanent slip).

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

Back
Top Bottom