Gil Fleming Aluminum Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just beginning to look into purchasing a trawler for our retirement in about 3 years. Does anyone have any info regarding the 2001 40 ft GF trawler that is currently listed on Yachtworld for $185K?

Thanks!

The Krogen Manatee has a similar transom door for access. I'm not sure how practical it is. Has anyone heard of the manufacture? I was not able to find anything on-line.

The Krogen Manatee has a similar transom door for access. I'm not sure how practical it is. Has anyone heard of the manufacture? I was not able to find anything on-line.

Don't know the builder, but it sounds like a semi-custom yard. They may build the structurals or just do the finishing. It would take some investigation to find out. It looks like quality work. It could be built outside the US. Make certain that the systems can be used and serviced here ie. electric is 60 cycle, etc.

Moonstruck said:
Don't know the builder, but it sounds like a semi-custom yard. They may build the structurals or just do the finishing. It would take some investigation to find out. It looks like quality work. It could be built outside the US. Make certain that the systems can be used and serviced here ie. electric is 60 cycle, etc.

Thanks. Looking closer I see that the manufacturer is in Canada, although from their web site I would guess they only fabricated the hull.

It does, but the listing does not give architect or manufacturer. Kinda wish I had not looked at all the pics though. It sure is a beautiful boat!

The manufacturer in this case is Bering Yachts and their office is in North Carolina. Don't look at the pictures of the new ones at the website either then;)

Contact

Fine looking boat, being all aluminium it would be on the TOP of my list.
Looks well set for cruising.
I had my last boat for 6,600 hours on the engines.

charles said:
Fine looking boat, being all aluminium it would be on the TOP of my list.
Looks well set for cruising.
I had my last boat for 6,600 hours on the engines.

It is one of the nicest I have seen. I like the Krogan Manatee., but I don't like the fact that there is no access to the foredeck from anywhere but the fly bridge. It would make it difficult to have a golden retriever onboard...and we can see ourselves with any other breed.

My problem is that I am about three years ahead of myself...but I can't stop myself from looking..

Back
Top Bottom