Anyone with experience on a PDQ 34?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deckofficer

From my intro on this forum I stated I was on the fence of getting another sail boat or a power boat. If sail, I was leaning towards a catamaran because I'm not as young as I was when I had my Cal 40. During my time at California Maritime Academy, I did my thesis on minimum wetted surface hulls, i.e. fast ferries, as back then that was about all we had in power vessels for this hull form. Had PDQ been around back then, I would have researched the pleasure boat aspect for the thesis. Now I find that PDQ has closed shop on power offerings, and is running with a 44' sail catamaran being built in Brazil.

Lucky for me, before closing Canadian operations, they had built a fair amount of the PDQ 34's and I am hoping someone here has experience with what appears to be a fine little pocket cruiser. PDQ U would have been a great way to learn about the 34, but that is also history.

Any PDQ 34 owners here care to spend some time and educate me to the finer aspects of your boat along with previous boating experience?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom