Anybody ever seen another one of these aluminum tugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anything funky on the survey?

Some notable stray current corrosion in the bilge area that needs to watched closely (nothing URGENT) but would come up as a potential issue in any future survey. Could go for years if we monitor the situation, next buyer could balk big time.

About a $5,000 fix to do it right...

That all being said, We came to agreement a few minutes ago and I am satisfied, not pleased, but it was a comprimise.

The buyer is a little bit unhappy because he thinks he paid a little too much. The seller is a little bit unhappy because he thinks he got a bit too little. Three months later happy buyer and seller!!!

yachtbrokerguy wrote:
The buyer is a little bit unhappy because he thinks he paid a little too much. The seller is a little bit unhappy because he thinks he got a bit too little. Three months later happy buyer and seller!!!
*Kinda reminds me of marriage.
biggrin.gif

is the boat fitted with an isolation transformer? what is bonded? is the engine grounded to the bond system?

bshanafelt wrote:
is the boat fitted with an isolation transformer? what is bonded? is the engine grounded to the bond system?
*Yes it has an isolation transformer.* Nothing is bonded to the hull (as it shouldn't be in my mind) however ABYC debates this..

The area that was affected appears to have come from a poorly wired bilge pump that failed...* The bilge pump has been replaced and wired properly now.

congrats on the new boat.
where do you intend to moor?
If coming into the US, do you have an import broker lined up? This may be moot as it looks like it had Port Townsend as a hailing port.

The boat's name and home port were never changed.... It is actually up in Brentwood Bay in BC, Victoria. I have sorta lined up McSwift as a customs broker on the recommendation of the doc company...

Moorage is yet to be determined.. Hopefully this weekend we decide... Kirkland/Newport/Kenmore who knows..

Badger, I saw this very*boat several years ago (actually,*more like 10 years ago...how time flys!). Pretty sure it was at Sidney Marina, BC. At the time I was looking for a new boat to replace my classic 1946*Monk cruiser, and I remember thinking that "Cruzero" (I think that was*her name?) would have been perfect. But alas, at the time it was not for sale, and*I probably couldn't have afforded the price back then. She reminds me of the Willard Voyager but without the speed. Really nice boat!

Well, things are not going too smoothly. Everything is in place, except for a valid hull identification number. Nothing I can find says that any boat built in Canada for commercial or pleasure would be exempt from having a 12 digit standard hull ID. All of the registration and documentation only lists a 6 digit number that was the boat's old Canadian registration (Same as USCG documentation). The boat was switched to a Canadian license (Pleasure craft) last year.

Without the HIN, no way to do a proper title search.

Seller is getting antsy, I can't/won't buy it without knowing for sure. Finance company won't finance...

I thought by know it would be in the slip I have reserved..

Wow, I shouldn't have counted my chickens...

No valid hull Identification number found on the boat, not USCG documented, Canadian Registration (just like USCG documentation) closed two weeks before the boat was listed for sale. The owner changed to a license only which doesn't prove ownership.

All that equals
No finance
No clear title
Hassle with customs
No insurance
Trouble reselling

Equals
No boat for me

.... back to the drawing board... I need to stop thinking out of the box and look at some more conventional boats..

BUT I can't keep from looking at this one:

www.yachtworld.com/boats/1995/Knapp-Island-Steel-Tug-Yacht-2137177/Tarpon-Springs/FL/United-Stat

But I should be calling on that Willard 30

-- Edited by Badger on Sunday 29th of January 2012 01:40:54 PM

-- Edited by Badger on Sunday 29th of January 2012 01:41:21 PM

Badger wrote:
Wow, I shouldn't have counted my chickens...

.... back to the drawing board... I need to stop thinking out of the box and look at some more conventional boats..
*Sorry for your troubles Badger, been watching your progress. I've missed 2 boats due to somewhat similar circumstances. I gave up counting chickens but continue looking for what some call unique boats. Looks like both our sagas continue...

sorry to hear the deal came apart. Such is the way of the custom or one off boat.

nevertheless, you might look at this one

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/2814329089.html

looks to be a never launched vessel, which is mostly complete.

might be worth a look-see

Attachments

• dscf0303.jpg
    dscf0303.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 84
  • dscf0316.jpg
    dscf0316.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 100
Can anyone give me a link or photos of the original boat in this thread? The original link to Craigs List does not work.

Chtucker.smugmug.com has a couple of galleries of photos from the seller and the survey

Back
Top Bottom