48' US Navy Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She weighed around 13,000 lbs per TravelLift gauge. Never ran the engines at 3,300 rated WOT in 22 years but at 2,800 she'd do about 9 kts and 7.9 kts at 2,400.

dw - You know where your old beauty-boat resides these days? Get any chance to see her? Bet fond memories return. Somewhere in Penobscot Bay (I think) is my family’s 37' raised deck FB sport fisher sedan with enclosed salon. She was a one-off custom design from Freeport Point Shipyard in NY; built for and finished by the lead Pilot-Boat shipwright in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Keel laid 1950/51. Dad sold her in mid 70's out of Sherman Point Cove in Camden Harbor. That boat was a jewel with great build-out integrity and beautiful interior. When sold she was powered by 180 hp Perkins turbo diesel installed in mid 1960's by dad, me, and a couple boat yard mechanics. That engine replaced the orig 155 hp Nordberg Night straight six gasser. I hope she's still doing well - we all loved that pretty wood boat! :thumb: - Art :dance:

dw - You know where your old beauty-boat resides these days? Get any chance to see her? Bet fond memories return. Somewhere in Penobscot Bay (I think) is my family’s 37' raised deck FB sport fisher sedan with enclosed salon. She was a one-off custom design from Freeport Point Shipyard in NY; built for and finished by the lead Pilot-Boat shipwright in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Keel laid 1950/51. Dad sold her in mid 70's out of Sherman Point Cove in Camden Harbor. That boat was a jewel with great build-out integrity and beautiful interior. When sold she was powered by 180 hp Perkins turbo diesel installed in mid 1960's by dad, me, and a couple boat yard mechanics. That engine replaced the orig 155 hp Nordberg Night straight six gasser. I hope she's still doing well - we all loved that pretty wood boat! :thumb: - Art :dance:

Ours was sold South. Its now in Wickford, RI, owned by a couple who run a marine canvas shop.

Any pics of your old family boat in case we have, or do, see her around?

Ours was sold South. Its now in Wickford, RI, owned by a couple who run a marine canvas shop.

Any pics of your old family boat in case we have, or do, see her around?

I have one pict stashed somewhere with pop sitting in cockpit (I believe), on mooring at Sherman Cove (I know). If found, I'll scan best as possible. It's a small pict and not too clear as I recall. Thanks for the offer! Her name was SPITFIRE... cause dad flew them as photo reconnaissance plane for the RCAF in WWII... well before Pearl Harbor. Then being an American he joined the Navy and flew wounded troop transports back to the states. His deeply hand carved 6' wide mahogany name plate, with gold leaf insert and stained/varnished surround was taken off the boat at sale. It hangs over my brother's fireplace in Thomaston. I helped pop make the name plate ready mid 1960's.

EDIT - dw - I located the old print long distance pict but boat is so small a portion don't think I can clearly enlarge. Will try, no promise! Again, TY for offer.

Last edited:
The boat in the avatar is a Integrity 330. It's an Australian made vessel. My project is based on this boat except mines a woodie.
Hendo, though Integrity is an Aussie business with nice boats I think they actually build in China. Yours will be truly 100% Aussie.
I`ve relatives in Darlington, the area you rent for your build looks similiar.

I have been on John Wayne's Wild Goose and found climbing over a coaming to enter or exit a cabin a pain in the butt (shin.) I'm curious why luxury boat builders have not incorporated that feature in their vessels.:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom